I just had a fond memory from being a kid. I remember whenever the FedEx guy came to the house he would leave a styrofoam FedEx 747 deliver plane glider, does anyone rede those, they were so much fun from the hill in the back yard! I'll get going again on the Sterman soon, I promise, I decided to build an Eduard P-400 because I hadn't touched a plastic model in months, plus catching up on housework and following the Tigers my time has been occupied, but I have more time now, hope to see more updates from everyone soon!

Happy modeling, Bill

Edited by rightwinger26
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi

I'm interested to take part in this GB. But not with a model I built as a kid. I do how ever have the old Revell Lancaster in my stashthat I would like to build. With all those rivets showing and working flaps and slats and the undercaridge. I am planing to build it OOB and brush painting it. Just for the fun of it and in the memories of those simple times. So, is that ok?

Best regards

Grétar W. G.

• 2 months later...

My memories go back to 1979 when I was 11 and my Grandmother, God rest her soul, took me to Kmart and there was the HUGE 1/48 Monogram B-17G and the Monogram 1/48 white boxing of the F4U-4 Corsair, she got me both that day and I haven't looked back since. I would like to say Thank You Uncle Bob R.I.P and to my Grandmother for getting me started. Rob PS Does anybody remember when Kmart had Two isles dedicated to modeling.

• 2 weeks later...

I started building planes when I was 7. It was 1992. I was in the 2nd grade at the time and I lived in Spring (North Houston, near the Woodlands), TX. My dad would reward me for grades that I earned and every 6 Fridays I would come home in extreme anticipation of which models I would get. He would drive me 20 minutes to Hobbytown USA and I would try to go for quantity.

Revell and Lindberg were my two biggest aims. So was Dragon 1/144. I would take home planes I liked based on shapes and give my dad a history lesson about Su-27s and MiG-23s. My dad showed me how he built his models and I gained one bad habit: I learned never to finish them, lol.

Because I couldn't paint due to costs, and I didn't know how to sand, I was left with aircraft lined up on my bookshelf-tarmac, unpainted, with gaps and glue smudges. I had as follows:

1/48

P-40B

P-51D

F-86D (lindberg)

1/72

AH-64

AV-8A (Lindberg)

1/144

Su-27

MiG-23

Mig-27

MiG-29

F-18

F-14

The best part of is was knowing that I made crappy models but still generating interest by my grandfather. He would quiz me and saw that I was pretty savvy on birds and that impressed him.

Good times guys, good times.