No worries, Detroit sports fans are perpetually disappointed, unless its the Red Wings. I was 5 years old the last time we won a World Series! So I'm always excited when we make the post season.

Edited by rightwinger26

I've been a closet A's fan since I played for a team called the Athletics in Little League. Since my Sox are out, I'm picking the A's and the Braves as my playoff teams. It would be nice to see Chipper, one of my favorite players, win a title in his last season. It would also be nice to see a real dark horse team like the A's on a super low budget take it to the Yanks and the other money teams and win the whole thing.

Playoffs aside, Miggy Cabrera winning a Triple Crown was awesome to see. First one since Yaz back in '67.

Kind of a little surprised that the Dodgers imploded with all that talent and money and the moves they made down the stretch.

Kind of a little surprised that the Dodgers imploded with all that talent and money and the moves they made down the stretch.

As I Giants fan I though "uh oh" but then I saw what they got and I wasn't all that scared. I saw these guys all season (I get a ton of AL East games) and was not impressed. Well, to be fair, Crawford was really injured and he could be a real threat next season.

Dude I'm an Oriole fan! I'm beside myself!! I really cant believe this year!! Go O's

I'm with you.As a DIE HARD O's fan I can't wait until Friday's game. What a huge turnaround for this organization. Finally since 07 we are in, and this team is young and hungry. I hope this team holds together for a few years because I think this team is capable of winning a couple of world series. Looks like the Oriole way is back, way to go to the "Fighting Showalters"

Baltimore_Orioles4.jpg

Edited by 71roadrunner426

Being from Ft. Worth, it's no surprise that I'm a Rangers fan. Talk about disgusted to see how that panned out yesterday. Cannot believe that you stay in first, or tied for first all but three days out of the entire season, only to give it away on closing freakin' day. True Texas fashion I suppose. I don't know what's gotten into them, but they pick a helluva time to roll over, and lose four games straight, and play like s@!+. I've just about wrote Josh Hamilton off. His whole attitude just sucks anymore. He acts like he's too good for his team, or his profession. Who saw him botch that catch yesterday, and then kind of half *** attempt to recover the ball, all the while looking towards Murphy in left field to come bail him out????? It's that kind of mentality that annoys me about this game. He's always bitter with the media, he gets all these sob stories about "oh, but he struggles to stay sober!!!" Geez...if it means that he'll loosen up, then hell, give him a drink already!! Bottom line..I know folks like Jose Bautista are going to be watching from the sidelines this year, because their crap team couldn't even place in the wild card, and he would be a great asset to this team. Josh Hamilton is due for free agency, and I kind of hope he's gone next year.

Mean time, dare to believe. I feel you guys on the Orioles, they have been a great story this year, and I was glad to see them tie the Yankees up as much as they did, but I gotta be faithful to the Rangers.

However, if they continue to play like they're being inconvenienced...then by all means, you O's fans will have a series with the Yanks here very soon.

I just hope our pitching and get hot and stay hot. Nobody is really worried about Justin Verlander, but some of the guys in the bullpen can be pretty streaky, and when it's a bad streak, it's really bad. Just look at Jose valverde, he has been half as good at closing this year as he has been in the past.

Typical Dodgers. That's why I didn't get all excited when we started off so hot, because for some reason, come August/September, we fold like a cheap tent. Can't understand it. When the trade was made, for a moment there I did have some hope, though.

There's two kinds of baseball fans, Yankees fans and everyone else :D I've been living in southeast Virginia for a while now, and since the O's are on MASN all the time, AND the Norfolk Tides are the AAA team, I'm a closet O's.........roooter. But my true love is the mighty Detroit Tigers, I remember the summer in Little League when I met Al Kaline and Lou Whittaker, that was heaven for me, the autographed ball is still on my desk.

Dude I'm an Oriole fan! I'm beside myself!! I really cant believe this year!! Go O's

Things of late sports wise haven't been the best for me, So maybe I'll start pulling for the teams I don't like and maybe the one's I do will start winning. However I'm elated the Orioles are in it, I've liked them since the ancient days :whistle: of Earl Weaver, the Robinsons Brooks and Frank, Boog Powell, Mike Quellar, Jim Palmer and other notables from my Golden Era of Americas pastime.