Some Progress on 1/32 Hawk 100 series

Why is it so hard to create a better fit between the i takes and the fuselage? Model kits, like the Heller Viggen I built as my first kit 30 years ago, have always had a more or less large gap between the outside of the intake and the fuselage part.

In the age of CAD/CAM I would think that it would be possible to get that type of join as invisible as other joins on the kits.

But the kit looks nice!

Why is it so hard to create a better fit between the i takes and the fuselage? Model kits, like the Heller Viggen I built as my first kit 30 years ago, have always had a more or less large gap between the outside of the intake and the fuselage part.

In the age of CAD/CAM I would think that it would be possible to get that type of join as invisible as other joins on the kits.

But the kit looks nice!

This is why we called it "test shot". Under further refinement.

I think it will always be this way. If you drill a block of some material, the edge of the hole and the angle between the side and the bottom of the hole won't be perfectly sharp. The intakes can be placed vertically on the sprue so here you can have sharp edges or corners but it will never be the case on the fuselage half where the intake is to be glued.

G'day Raymond,

That looks fantastic.

I've tried to get in touch with you a few times to offer any assistance I can with the Australian versions, either details or markings info, but no luck so far.

I can see at least one, very minor, detail you may wish to address if it's still possible at this stage.

Please drop me a line if you're interested.

Cheers,

Motty.

Kinetic already told the kit will include decals with markings for Canada AF, British AF and Australia AF.

Thanks for the info - I thought I'd read that somewhere, but wasn't 100% sure.

ALF

Superb project !

This will be a best seller on the large scale market.

Mr.Chung please, please ( please ! ) :

Release this beauty in neutral grey plastic ( like on your images )

and not in dark blue plastic or black plastic.

We will do the required painting for Canadian ( Dark Blue ) or British ( Black ) versions !

Thanks in advance !

B)

SharkOwl

Considering the number of users of the Hawk T1/100 family up to date kits of this aircraft type are long overdue and thankfully a number of manufacturers have seen fit to address this in the past while. Starting with the release of the Airfix 1/72nd scale kit a couple of years ago followed by the Italeri’s 1/48th scale Hawk T1 (a vast improvement over the old Airfix kit) and then with the Revell’s Hawk T1 1/32nd scale Hawk fans in all of the major scales have been very fortunate in the past couple of years.

Now we have all new T-45 Goshawk and the Hawk100 coming from Kinetic. The test shots are looking very good, in addition to the plastic it would seem like we are going to get some PE detail parts that will spruce the kit up nicely. What price range are you aiming for Raymond-not that it matters that much I’ll still need (at least!) two.

• 2 weeks later...