220V spray booth

Hi,

I want to buy a spary booth in order to avoid breathing all of these toxic fumes, but i need a quite big one (30") because i only build 1/32 kits.

The artograph 1530 seems to be great, with its downward vacuum, but i cant find any one in 220v, and i live in Europe. On Ebay, it is written that even with a 110 to 220v adapter it would damage the booth.

So, is there any way to adapt it, or does it exist any large and good paint booth in european voltage?

I'm also looking for a spray booth and I'm encountering problems similar to yours, all the ones I want only come in 110v.

Looking around the net, I read that using a step down transformer (220v to 110v) may be a possible solution.

Did you email artograph to see if the have a 220v version?

No i have not, but on the artograph site, it is said in the technical datas that it is 110v powered.

I will try to send them an email, and we will see....

Spray booth seems to be more common in America than in Europe or Asia. American lungs say "thanks".....

Looking around the net, I read that using a step down transformer (220v to 110v) may be a possible solution.

When i start to paint with an airbrush, i bought my first air compressor in USA, and it was in 110v. I did not have any problem with a 110 to 220v adapter, and it even happend that i forgot to plug the adapter and directly plus the compressor to 220v without any damage (you quickly realize something is wrong when the motor turn twice its normal rpm...).

But in an amazon.com page for a artograph booth, it is clearly said :

* * * * C A U T I O N * * * * 110V Artograph Products are NOT designed to be used in 220/240V countries WITH or WITHOUT voltage transformers or adapters. Damage to the product will occur and IS NOT covered under WARRANTY. * * * *

So i am worrying about using this kind of adapter...

Edited by zero77

When i start to paint with an airbrush, i bought my first air compressor in USA, and it was in 110v. I did not have any problem with a 110 to 220v adapter, and it even happend that i forgot to plug the adapter and directly plus the compressor to 220v without any damage (you quickly realize something is wrong when the motor turn twice its normal rpm...).

But in an amazon.com page for a artograph booth, it is clearly said :

So i am worrying about using this kind of adapter...

I Have the burden to live in a bi-volt country, meaning that some cities are 110v and some are 220V so buying bi-volt stuff is a must but some things like refrigerators, vacuum cleaners, fansand anything that runs on electric motors needs to be bought stright to the place's voltage.

So transformers are a VERY comon thing here and we use it on stuff whenever needed because, for example I live in a 110V place but my beach house is in a 220v one and whenever I need to use something not from the original place I use a transformer and it works ok IF YOU USE the right one.

Pay close attention to the amps needed in the applyance you plan to use and buy a transformer that supports it with some slack. If you try to use a small transformer with a soldering iron ti will bust.

So feel free to buy the 110V stuff but use a compatible transformer - thats all.

Thank you for your answers.

I got a response from artograph today :

Hello and thank you for your interest in the spray booths. Unfortunately, the spray booths are not CE approved so our importer in France does not carry them. If you have an interest in one of our projectors on the other hand, I would be happy to give you details of the ones that are CE approved!

I really dont a projector, but i will ask them if it would be Ok to use it with an adapter, as i dont mind order it in the USA.

Marcelo, there is also the frequency to consider. I think frequency is 60Hz in the US and 50Hz in Europe, and i think it would impact the fan rotation speed or make them overheat. (but i have to confess i am a dumb in electricity...)

Edited by zero77

Hi,

I want to buy a spary booth in order to avoid breathing all of these toxic fumes, but i need a quite big one (30") because i only build 1/32 kits.

The artograph 1530 seems to be great, with its downward vacuum, but i cant find any one in 220v, and i live in Europe. On Ebay, it is written that even with a 110 to 220v adapter it would damage the booth.

So, is there any way to adapt it, or does it exist any large and good paint booth in european voltage?

Australia uses those voltage range. We say 240v, but it's actually from 220 - 250v.

There are plenty of hobby shops who would be happy for your business if you find their price acceptable.

Bon chance!

G

Thanks,

For the UK available booth, i have seen, and it is the same than in France or in Germany.

My link

The airflow is 4m³/min, so it is 240m³/h, whereas the artograph one is 370CFM which make about 630m³/h. So even with 2 boots, it is below the artograph, and in addition the artograph airflow is downward, which is better i think.

But that is true the Euro one is quite cheaper (note that i need 2 in dimension consideration) and in the good voltage, but i think i will take the artograph.

I had several emails with them, they informed me that with a good voltage converter it will be ok, the only consequence of the frequency difference (50Hz in Europe while 60Hz in America) would be the motors to run a bit slower.

I wouldn't recommend the UK booth you've linked. I have one, and the airflow through it is pretty pathetic - when you spray you can see the cloud of particles dropping onto the model you're spraying rather than being drawn through the filter.