Werner's Wings Night Stalker Decals

OK after much deliberation I've decided to produce the downsized project. There may be a set of black stencils included but there are no Olive Drab or Grey stencils. Sorry but this made the project way over budget with no hope of getting the money back, let alone make some for the next project. I hope that you will all be happy with the results and will support the offering in as many scales as you build. Quite literally this project will determine future projects. The subject matter is OH/MH-6s and UH/MH-60s up through Gothic Serpent. The Gothic Serpent (Blackhawk Down) decals I am most happy with and hope to see lots of them built. The chalk drawings are included because we stuck with Cartograf decals. Should be quite interesting.

There is no pre-orders and no pricing yet. Cartograf says a month to two for delivery, but don't hold me to that.

I will include a separate posting on the items I'm working on.

Future projects that we hope to do include decals for Aussie helicopters and a CH-47 sheet (Mason has the stencils done already). As far as resin goes see the other post.

Thanks for your support and patience.

Floyd

Edited by Floyd S. Werner, Jr.

Floyd,

Any chance we will see a sheet with 1/48 or 1/35 AH-6J/F's ? I have a 1/48 AH-6 on the bench right now that will need some markings soon.

Dave Fassett

Edited by Bulldog 09

Floyd,

Any chance we will see a sheet with 1/48 or 1/35 AH-6J/F's ? I have a 1/48 AH-6 on the bench right now that will need some markings soon.

Dave Fassett

There are 2 AH-6Js and a AH-6G, not to mention 2 AH-6Cs, on the sheet. Once the instructions are complete, I'll get jpegs for Floyd to post.

mason

OK so here is the deal. This project is in real danger of being cancelled. We have cut down the size of the sheet already to include the formation of the unit until Operation Gothic Serpent (Somalia). This contains EIGHT AH/MH-6s and TEN UH/MH-60s. The exchange rate is terrible right now. I've been close to pulling the trigger on the Night Stalker decals twice but the exchange rate keeps getting worse so I need more money. Now I am debating cancelling the project or at the very minimum put it on hold. I need your opinions.

I feel that the only way we can do the stencils in 1/48 and 1/35th scales is with Cartograf. They are the best in the world in my opinion.

We, me and Mason (who has worked extremely hard on these sheets), are brainstorming. One is to release the sheets without the stencils which will cut down the size considerably and hopefully lower the costs, but is that a viable option for the modeler? Without this we may be able to use Microscale. I'm not sure that Microscale can do the 'chalk' Elvis drawings and that is important to me.

The other is to shelve the project until the economy improves. Not really what I want to do.

The another is to take pre-orders. This is dangerous as it will generate the revenue but has some pitfalls such as time between purchase and delivery and people being 'impatient'. This takes a toll on me personally as I don't like to do this. There is always the possibility of someone paying and me losing the information. Until I know my actual costs it is very hard to set a price for the decals.

So far I think the whole enchilada with stencils would be around $18-20 for the 1/35th. The other sheets would be slightly less, maybe $16-18 for 48th scale. Probably $12-13 for 1/72nd as they don't have stencils and they are a smaller sheet. The 35th sheet will be at least three, more likely four or five, 6x9 sheets. One for the markings and the rest for stencils. There are some other decals that we were hoping to include like rocket pod, laser, and first aid kit markings that would also be available separately. I think we even included TOW and Hellfire markings to support the other Werner's Wings products. Of course they will be available in all three scales.

Sorry to ask these things. I want to make this happen. What do you think?

I am working on something extra special that is not a decal but really BIG. Hmmm.

Floyd

The price of the sheets isn't all that bad for the scale and subject presented . I'll pre order if that what it takes .

OK after much deliberation I've decided to produce the downsized project. There may be a set of black stencils included but there are no Olive Drab or Grey stencils. Sorry but this made the project way over budget with no hope of getting the money back, let alone make some for the next project. I hope that you will all be happy with the results and will support the offering in as many scales as you build. Quite literally this project will determine future projects. The subject matter is OH/MH-6s and UH/MH-60s up through Gothic Serpent. The Gothic Serpent (Blackhawk Down) decals I am most happy with and hope to see lots of them built. The chalk drawings are included because we stuck with Cartograf decals. Should be quite interesting.

There is no pre-orders and no pricing yet. Cartograf says a month to two for delivery, but don't hold me to that.

I will include a separate posting on the items I'm working on.

Future projects that we hope to do include decals for Aussie helicopters and a CH-47 sheet (Mason has the stencils done already). As far as resin goes see the other post.

Thanks for your support and patience.

Floyd

CH-47 sheet? Great . I'd love to see Pahyderms or Fly United... Sign me up for a set

CH-47 sheet? Great . I'd love to see Pahyderms or Fly United... Sign me up for a set

Always looking for references. :thumbsup: If you have pics, we'd like to see them. We haven't done much research on the H-47 sheet yet, like Floyd mentioned, it has a couple other sheets before it in the queue.

mason

Preview of the new sheet. It will be available in 1/72nd, 1/48th and 1/35th scales. Still no prices and no pre-orders. Just know that they are coming. They are at the printers now. There success largely determines the second Night Stalker sheet and the MH-47 conversion.

Feedback welcomed. All complaints should be directed at Mason. He did all the work. LOL Just kidding, but we would like to hear feedback.

Hope you enjoy

Floyd

Instructions.jpg

Instructions2.jpg

Instructions3.jpg

Instructions4.jpg

Instructions5.jpg

Floyd and Mason, thanks for sharing the artwork. It looks great. All your efforts have really paid off and we are the lucky recipients. Let's us know when the time comes to order these. The AH-6C and MH-6E look really good. Super 66 might even make it onto my work bench at some point. Thanks.

LD.

There are no conversion sets for the MH-6E in any scale but don't be afraid to have a go at converting a Hughes 500 kit into one of the helicopters on this decal sheet. If I can make a set of people planks, anyone can! I started tinkering with the early stages of construction on a 1/72 MH-6E a while ago and I first had a go at making the people planks. I made them from two strips of Evergreen "Quarter Round" glued together and then cut to what looks like the correct length. I tried to deal with the seam down the middle with filler but I haven't really got to grips with using this stuff. I have to yet figure out how to attach the benches onto the airframe.

P1010347.jpg

P1010349.jpg

LD.