Trumpeter's new 1/48 MiG-21F-13 arrived yesterday. I've only taken a cursory glance at it and the trees are still wrapped in plastic. My plan is to get some pictures tonight and post them. Stay tuned.

With a preliminary fit tape up if you are so inclined.

Is it the scaled down version of the 1/32 kit?

If so, it shares the same little problems but I remenber I have read good comments when the big one was releaseed.

For sure there is some issues with the main landing gear bays, the 32 kit as the same as the later version (MF) that is wrong for the F

Bye.

Marco

Is it the scaled down version of the 1/32 kit?

If so, it shares the same little problems but I remenber I have read good comments when the big one was releaseed.

For sure there is some issues with the main landing gear bays, the 32 kit as the same as the later version (MF) that is wrong for the F

It seems like the 1/48 isn't just a 1/32 downscale. Compare the sprue photos found in http://www.skywriter...%2021f13-f7.htm to the photos in http://ipmsphilippin...148-mig-21f-13/

The landing gears bays don't look to be designed the same way.

Edited by Laurent

and the Eduard version shouldn't be far off...

If you're thinking in terms of geological eras, you are right. They planned to release 2nd generation MiG kit at first then eventually first generation knowing that Chinese manufacturers would soon release something. Since there's almost no parts commonality with the existing kits, I doubt we'd see anything before 2014-2015.

Edited by Laurent

If you're thinking in terms of geological eras, you are right. They planned to release 2nd generation MiG kit at first then eventually first generation knowing that Chinese manufacturers would soon release something. Since there's almost no parts commonality with the existing kits, I doubt we'd see anything before 2014-2015.

I think 2013 was being bandied around by the Eds; these things are always pretty elastic! :rolleyes:

I DO think in geological time -that's how long it takes me to build anything...

omg,this kit is a mixture of Mig-21F-13 and J-7

You're saying that the kit is a J/F-7 with single-piece canopy, single canon and no brake chute fairing at the fin base ? What makes it a J/F-7 and not a MiG-21 F-13 ? Please explain.

Trumpeter's new 1/48 MiG-21F-13 arrived yesterday. I've only taken a cursory glance at it and the trees are still wrapped in plastic. My plan is to get some pictures tonight and post them. Stay tuned.

I expected some rivet counting here...lets see the photos vs drawings :woot.gif: