Pit Road 1/144 Vulcan!

...! Then they could think about a tall tail B-52A/B/C/D/E/F to go with them.

Ooh, I'd love to see a Buff too! Would be way better than beating that Crown H into an A.

Are we even sure yet the Pit-Road and Great Wall Hobby kits aren't one and the same? So far, it looks as though both announcements use the same pics for box-art, the same model and stand for the pics of the completed model and, safe for different captions, the same painting instructions.

Compare:

Great Wall Hobby kit at Dragon USA - LINK

Pit-Road kit at Hobby Search - LINK

To lend further credence to this possible link, Pit-Road has done several ship kit molds for Trumpeter. Trumpeter and Pit-Road kits of the Kirov class, Tirpitz/Bismarck are the same molds. I believe they did a few others as well, but can positively confirm the Kirov and Bismarck molds are identical between the two manufacturers. The Iowa's from Trumpeter are also Pit-Road molds, it is even stated right on the boxes I have.

To lend further credence to this possible link, Pit-Road has done several ship kit molds for Trumpeter. Trumpeter and Pit-Road kits of the Kirov class, Tirpitz/Bismarck are the same molds. I believe they did a few others as well, but can positively confirm the Kirov and Bismarck molds are identical between the two manufacturers. The Iowa's from Trumpeter are also Pit-Road molds, it is even stated right on the boxes I have.

Interesting Jason. Pit Road is Japanese company as far as i know, so it is a bit strange to see this collaboration with the Chinese, with Trumpeter and GW that is. Btw, a bit off topic, but i suppose you mean 1/700 scale Kirov's? If so, could you bother firing me a PM on how good/bad it is? Thanks. :cheers:

Incredibly, my kit arrived in today's mail!! Door to door from Tokyo to rural southwest Virginia inside of 72 hours. Say what you will, I *LOVE* the USPS! Not only that, I had a voice mail when I got home from the acting postmaster telling me the package had arrived, and if I needed her to, she'd stay past 5:15 this evening so I could pick it up. Go ahead and diss the USPS if you want to, but name me another company that would have done that.

Now, on to the good stuff. This may well be the single best 1/144 military jet model ever done IMHO. The surface detail has to be seen to be believed. I stuck the upper and lower wing/fuselage halves together using the substantial locating pins, and the fit was so good (the seams literally disappear) that I wasn't sure I was going to get them apart. Amazing.

From everything I can see, the kit is just about spot-on the money. I can't wait to see their Blue Steel/Olympus 301 variant. I'll need at least three of each!

Now Mr. Pit Road-san, about that 1/144 B-52D/E/F??? :)

Buy with confidence!

J

PS: My weekend project is getting decals ginned up for this baby! Stay tuned for more info.

Fully agree!

Just back from a Tokyo overnight packing one said Vulcan.

Opinion..totally awesome looking with beautiful detail in every corner.

My only regret is only getting one especially at just over 20 bucks a go!

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting Jason. Pit Road is Japanese company as far as i know, so it is a bit strange to see this collaboration with the Chinese, with Trumpeter and GW that is. Btw, a bit off topic, but i suppose you mean 1/700 scale Kirov's? If so, could you bother firing me a PM on how good/bad it is? Thanks. :cheers:

Berkut, I have been traveling on business the last week so haven't had much time to reply.

Yes, it is the 1/700 kit. I have the Pit-Road, Trumpeter and Dragon kits for the Kirov's. I will send you a PM with further details.