A-7H Hellenic Air Force

WWwwooooOOOO...!!!...From first hand experience - their base is only about 30 miles away from my home - is one of the best, if not the best Greek A-7 I've seen for years! Obviously you must had very good references and "inside information" related to the bird **** on the rudder! I am not gona go on and on about the "quality" of your modeling skills, just the same question as my friend spook_zachos... how on earth did you make those stains...come on ...go on share your secret!!!!!

Thanks to all of you guys!

I want to ask you how did you do the oil stains?

The oil stains were done with an highly diluted mixture made of about 70% Tamiya Smoke and 30% base colour (and a tiny, very tiny drop of clear red for the stains on the sand coloured part of the model). The base colours I used in the mixture were the original colours the camouflage was made with, namely the colors without desaturation. All the stains were masked with Patafix (which should be the italian equivalent of Blu Tac) and airbrushed in very light layers, in order to better control the final colour and coverage of the stains. The panel lines covered by the oil stains were enhanced a little bit with a light pass with Tamiya Smoke.

Cheers!

You know what, there is a time in a modeler's life when he or she thinks that they are getting good at building models and have a decent chance of winning recognition for their work at a model competition. He or she thinks I am finally getting as good as the other guys. Then a completed model comes along that raises the building bar and makes you realize...I have long way to go! This model does just that! Man I have a looooonnnnnggggg way to go. Beautiful build, simply excellent.