A-7H Hellenic Air Force

Models don't really get any better than this. I love the weathering not just on the model but on all the other elements that make up the diorama as well. It's not often I come across a model I save to "My Favorites" and this one was just added so I can study it later at my leisure.

I was wondering if you used the "hairspray" technique on the drums and what method you used to weather the concrete?..........it all looks awesome!

Great job

I was wondering if you used the "hairspray" technique on the drums and what method you used to weather the concrete?..........it all looks awesome!

Yes, the drums were weathered with the hairspray technique.

The concrete was weathered this way: I first painted the base (made with 2 mm sheet plasticard) with Tamiya XF19 diluted with rubbing alcohol, then the center of each panel was given a coat with a very light grey. I then picked some black oil color straight from the tube and spread it on the concrete, working on a limited space at a time (that's because the very flat grey paint will absorb the oil color very rapidly and it may turn out to be too messy). After a minute or two I started to remove the excess oil color with a wide brush moistened with turpentine, working with a "tapping" motion that allowed me to control the quantity of oil color removed and avoided to have some visible brush strokes on the concrete. The job ended with a black oil wash along the lines engraved on the surface...

Cheers!

Well...well..well, my best "modeling friend" in our club is a technician for these aircraft and for the last 20 years, he is "living" with these beauties 24 ... 16 hours a day. Talking about your model he agreed that is the "best" Greek A-7 he has seen! Now...just becouse we want to pick on you...the oxygen tank is removed on these aircraft when they get "old" and put aside!!!! :taunt:

Once more F A N T A S T I C !!!!

Edited by zark

I'd say that only once or twice every year, somebody places a model here that is truly outstanding. This is one of them- and I don't recall another that was any better. The build, the painting, the weathering and the diorama have all come together to create a truly stunning masterpiece. All I can say is, Wow! I salute your skill. :salute:

• 3 months later...