Kinetic 1/48 T-45: first impressions

I didn't even realized mine had shipped. Be honest....I'd kind of forgotten about it. lol. But was delighted to be catching up on emails, and saw that it's already five days in transit on it's way here. They apparently ship it in a five gallon bucket across the ocean, because it's not showing to be delivered until the 25'th, but at least it's on it's way. I've still got my KH F-35 to get to work on, but this is going to be a nice addition to the collection.

I have been a mechanic on the T-45 for the past 8 years and can tell ya the speedbrake wells are more or less correct. Gabe got me in on helping him QA the drawings from a mecahinics viewpoint (I am a model geek as well) and I can tell you Kinetic really went out of their way to try and replicate the T-45 well. The kit has it issues, and is not shake and bake, but for the most part it is pretty accurate in most aspects, and will build into a very nice replication out of the box. Can't wait to start on the 5 I have planned to build, including a dio of me final checking one on the cats under tension!! This is another dio I would like to do. It is a pic I took while on a recovery, and would make a very cool dio.

remodel084-1-1.jpg

Brandon

Anybody have any images of the gunsight in the aft cockpit of the T-45? Looks like it's the same sight used in the AT-38B...Man, I could use some good pics of that-

060922-N-0573T-003.jpg060922-N-0573T-003.jpg

Cheers

Pig

I will take some when I go to work and post them for you tonight pig, or can email them to you. I will ask Gabe, he has like 2000 reference shots, and may have some of the aft bombsight.

Brandon

Dear all ARCers fellows,

I am really happy to receive your warm comments on our new T-45. It has been 4 years since made the F-16 series. For the past 4 years, it has been a tough ride to handle all kinds of challenge that we have.

The T-45 has used a totally new method in material collection (thanks to Two Bobs and Gabe), 3D modelling system as well as resin RP for shape validation process.

This kit is 2nd kit we used the new process/method to construct the 3D design (I would like to thanks to Pawel/Vonik for some advise on the project management)

The panel line and the thickness of the plastic has been refined. (we have invested into a newer injection machine so we have better outcome w/ fewer flash)

This projects involves people from US, Korea, Italy, China and Hong Kong to realize this item. From concept to delivery, it takes 20 months to complete.

Hope you like this model and we will keep going to enhance our product.

What next ? Other than the announced HAWK 100 series, a new tooled (new metal wings) A-6A/E intruder is coming to you....

Also, the Mirage 2000C is going to release something next month....

So.. busy month.

Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this, Raymond!

Gabe

Dear all ARCers fellows,

I am really happy to receive your warm comments on our new T-45. It has been 4 years since made the F-16 series. For the past 4 years, it has been a tough ride to handle all kinds of challenge that we have.

The T-45 has used a totally new method in material collection (thanks to Two Bobs and Gabe), 3D modelling system as well as resin RP for shape validation process.

This kit is 2nd kit we used the new process/method to construct the 3D design (I would like to thanks to Pawel/Vonik for some advise on the project management)

The panel line and the thickness of the plastic has been refined. (we have invested into a newer injection machine so we have better outcome w/ fewer flash)

This projects involves people from US, Korea, Italy, China and Hong Kong to realize this item. From concept to delivery, it takes 20 months to complete.

What next ? Other than the announced HAWK 100 series, a new tooled (new metal wings) A-6A/E intruder is coming to you....

So.. busy month.

A bit out of topic but since Raymond talked about it...

Please consider downscaling it. The Heller and Italeri/Revell kits needs a replacement.

Thanks for posting shots KursadA. I got an e-mail from Lucky Models about this kit a few days ago and was tempted to order one, but was afraid I might be dissappointed like I was with Kinetic SUFA. I have more confidence now knowing that Kinetic had a well respected modeller like Gabe Pincelli and others involved in the development process. That being said, I still would prefer to see the plastic first hand before I buy. Just my 2 cents.

Mike, he'll get it. And he'll build it. And then we'll discover it's covered with raised panel lines! :whistle::jaw-dropping: :jaw-dropping: :jaw-dropping::whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

That would be awesome.

In fact, I'm almost tempted to try doing that! (y'know, if it weren't for the fact that it would be just an ungodly amount of work, just to make a somewhat subversive joke)

Dear all ARCers fellows,

So.. busy month.

Raymond your commitment to excellence show with every new Kinetic release, the golden age of plastic modellers wasn’t “back then†it’s happening now, today, keep up the good work.

I’m in for a couple of 1/32 Hawks and a single seat Mirage 2000 I will be ordered the moment you have “available†tags up for them. I loved your twin 2000 with resin "cans" (I

have a second set of cans ready to put into the single seat)and the Skunkworks French weapons set #1 it builds into a great Mirage 2000D.

the pannel lines make me sick

英语是你的母语吗?我不知道你的意思是什么。为什么这个套件让你感觉sick?可能你不知道怎么用这个词?你的意思是那些panel lines太宽了吗?太深了?