Hi Guys

Here´s the last one to enter the bench, 1/72 Italeri KA-6D Intruder.

I corrected and added some scratch build details to the cockpit

Still getting things ready for the first paint.

To be continued! Hope you enjoy

Feel free to coment!

Best regards

Filipe

KA-6D_01.jpg

KA-6D_02.jpg

KA-6D_03.jpg

KA-6D_04.jpg

KA-6D_05.jpg

KA-6D_06.jpg

KA-6D_07.jpg

KA-6D_08.jpg

KA-6D_09.jpg

Hi Guys

Small update on the intruder. Lots of cleaning up the parts, some scratched detail and a couple brake cables!

Feel free to coment!

Best regards

Filipe

KA-6D_16.jpg

KA-6D_17.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Thanks for the support

Komoras the Bronco is fully primed and waiting further developments, I haven't done anything on it for a long time now.

Benner thanks, I have chopped off all that detail.

Here are th latest pics on this build. Due to a computer crash all pics I had taken of the cockpit painted were lost. Unfortunately.

The intakes are in place and the fuselage is almost fully assembled.

Now I´m going to finish it up and start applying all the necessary putty. Still lots of work to do!

Feel free to comment!

Best regards

Filipe

KA-6D_22.jpg

KA-6D_23.jpg

KA-6D_24.jpg

KA-6D_25.jpg

KA-6D_26.jpg

KA-6D_27.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys

Here´s a small update on the Intruder. Wings and most of exterior parts glued in place, still tons of putty and sanding ahead.

Its starting to look like an Intruder!

Feel free to comment!

Best regards

Filipe

KA-6D_32-1.jpg

KA-6D_33.jpg

KA-6D_34.jpg

KA-6D_35.jpg

KA-6D_36.jpg

KA-6D_37.jpg

KA-6D_38.jpg

Coming along nicely. The extra detail you've added is bringing it to life. This may come a bit late but the BN's instrument panel area that is now mostly empty was actually all gray. Only thing left on that side that would be black would be the small 7 day clock and fuel off load panel. Hope that is helpful (and not critical).

cheers

Hi Guys

Thank you SmashedGlass. The intakes were made from photo paper. I made 2 pieces for each intake. Inner and outer. Them glued the bigger one, the outer in place with CA.

This one is the most important. The inner one you cant hardly see when in place inside the aircraft.

When it was done I applied the inner paper and curved it to join the outer one in place. Them with the blue tape and CA glue I held everything in place until dry.

When joining them together I used the part included, the blades, to dry fit both parts of the paper.

If you look at this photo you can see in the intake to the left the line were both pieces of paper join together. Hope it helps.

intakes.jpg

Thank you Gary, feel free my friend, thats what forums are for!

I looked up that issue when I was building it and came across both colors, ended up going with the black. Looks nicer in my opinion.

Check out the photo below

800px-Refueling_operators_station._Instrument_pane%2C_seat_%286091584537%29.jpg

Best regards

Filipe

Hi Filipe,

Nice work on the intakes ... They look really nice looking into them from the front.

Nice find on the pic with the black panel. Must have been some years after I worked on them. There's also a lot more stuff on the BN's panel than we had.

Again, really enjoying your work here.

cheers

Hi Guys

Thanks for the support.

Looking forward to that Pompeo, its a big bird in 1/72. In 1/48, its got to be a monster I´m sure!

I have a bit of research done on it, if you want, I can mail it to you when you set sail!

Gary you worked on them! Impressive :) I have never seen one live. I would love to. Have you ever taken a ride in one?

I´m glad SmashedGlass, I also have on the bench a Gina R3 FAP Tiger Meet Nr5452, don't you have a post about yours?

Best regards

Filipe

No, I didn't post it up on ARC Filipe; I do have it up on another forum. It's a very crude kit, the Airfix mold was made back in 1959.....I'm just trying to make acceptable enough for an in-flight display. One day I will have to get a modern kit of the Gina.

Mine is here: Airfix G.91R

Hi Guys

I had that airfix some years back now, never finished it dough.

Mine is the Revell molding, not the best kit, requires some work! Lots of putty and sanding!

Yours is looking good, some great improvements you got there! Congrats

What scheme are you going to do?

Here´s mine, the Tiger Meet R3 from Our Air force Nr5452

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=266777

Best regards

Filipe