Eduard 1/48 Fw190A-8 Weekend Edition

I started this one about 10 weeks ago, and it is the first Eduard kit that I've built.

DSCF2380.jpg

It was quite a challenge, I know from reading other build logs of Eduard Fw190 kits that there are several areas that need to be handled very carefully to avoid problems later in the build.

DSCF2423.jpg

Overall I'm satisfied with the result, but I think that the next Eduard Fw190 I build will benefit from the lessons learned from this one.

DSCF2425.jpg

The kit is painted in Tamiya acrylics, with mixtures based on formulae found online. Weathered with oils & pastels, I used self adhesive aluminium tape for the oleos. I found this much easier to work with than my usual method of aluminum foil & PVA glue. The antenna wire was donated by my wife, fortunately she decided to start growing her hair long about 18 months ago :P

DSCF2427.jpg

I also realised after taking these pictures that I've missed off the pitot tube. Oops!

DSCF2437.jpg

I'm surprised I got all those cannons to look symmetrical, the inboard ones got snapped off quite early on, and a small disaster with the superglue made a right mess of one of the outboard ones. I had to cut that one off & start again.

DSCF2430.jpg

Thanks for looking at my work

Chris

Holy Moly!!! Batman...err...Chris...that is one very sweet "Würger" the painting is excellent and the weathering is excellent; subtle not overdone to the point of distraction. Though some birds were heavily worn and looked very dirty. Very, very nice job :thumbsup: .

Holy Moly!!! Batman...err...Chris...that is one very sweet "Würger" the painting is excellent and the weathering is excellent; subtle not overdone to the point of distraction. Though some birds were heavily worn and looked very dirty. Very, very nice job :thumbsup: .

.....I second and agree with that too. :worship: :worship:

Edited by HOLMES
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Out of curiosity, do you get any engine detail at all? I ask this because I have seen the engine access panels on the engine cowl opened up showing engine detail and wondered if it is this kit?

HI Andrew, sorry I only just saw this reply. There is engine detail that is quite nice, and Eduard do a detail set to enhance it if you don't fancy adding your own wiring to enhance it. The engine cowl is made of seperate pieces, so it's possible to pose them open with a small amount of work. this is the engine built up:

DSCF2261.jpg

Chris