F-14B VF-103 1:72 Hasegawa

Very tidy. Was the canopy actuator/decking behind the rear seat on the Aries cockpit moulded misaligned compared the rest of the cockpit?

Edited by joeltc
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As janman has pointed out, the burner cans are on the shiny side. Not that there is anything wrong with that but given that you have weathered the rest of the aircraft, the burners should be weathered also. The real ones often got pretty grimmy between the petals.

A couple of other things I noticed is that the fuselage joint behind the cockpit is still clearly visible. I know that is a hard area to get right however it always sticks out as being one of the major fault areas with Hasegawa tomcats.

Finally the dark colour just under the tail fins and before the burner cans looks like you have used black. It should be more of a dark if not Gunship grey.

Hope you don't take offence to these comments as there are simply observations I have made which can help you hone your attention to the smaller details.