America's Secret MiG Squadron and Red Eagles: America's Secret

Hi

Can someone help me regarding these two books...

I'm looking for information on the quantity and quality of the photos in these 2 books...

-America's Secret MiG Squadron

-Red Eagles: America's Secret MiGs"

And if by any chance someone had bought them... are they worth buying!??

TIA

Plakaman

Hi

I'm looking for information on the quantity and quality of the photos in these 2 books...

TIA

Plakaman

I have "Red Eagles" and I'll eventually get "America's Secret MiGs."

The pics in "Red Eagles" are good, nothing great, but definitely cool. Quite a few pics of the guys who made it happen. "Red Eagle" offers some really neat insight into the operation. I found it well worth reading, and I'll read it again.

If you're interested in the history, the National Museum of the USAF has a podcast by the guy who wrote "America's Secret MiG Squadron." It's named "Constant Peg," and I found it on iTunes.

mason

Hi

TIA

Plakaman

I have both books, I'm currently reading Red Eagles, but I will read America's Secret MiGs once I have finished RE.

Most of the pictures of the aircraft are the same in both books, but RE has more pictures of the MiG-17 & MiG-21, while ASM has more MiG-23 pictures. The pictures are good, but small. Red Eagles is good reading though.

Both books are worth buying if you're interested in learning about the program and its history. There are excellent stories and lots of information there.

The photos in both books are pretty good, but unfortunately they are not clear or detailed enough to make decals or a serious modeling project (I both books with a decal sheet project in mind).

Gail Peck (Americas secret Mig squadron) was a classmate of my fathers at the AFA stopped buy our house at Kelly AFB in the early 80's and did a high performance take off that still gives me chills when I think about it. Dad just had his 50th reunion.

Edited by extremewin