Trumpeter M1126 Stryker ICV

Its been some time since i work on a armored vehicle. Finally open the kit and started working on it last week. Painting was done today, waiting for weathering and add the misc stuff on the roof.

photo_213.JPG

photo_2_2_.JPG

photo_1_1_.JPG

photo_2_1_.JPG

Very easy kit to work with

Looks great, the barb wire is a nice touch. Just a side note which I'm sure you may know, the Strykers in Iraq would have slat armor added on. Back in the US the slat armor would be removed. So you could model the Stryker in Pennsylvania, Alaska or in Korea. The gear can be painted in ACU digital or in 3 tone NATO.

Looking forward to your next progress posting.

Happy Modeling,

Joe

Looks great, the barb wire is a nice touch. Just a side note which I'm sure you may know, the Strykers in Iraq would have slat armor added on. Back in the US the slat armor would be removed. So you could model the Stryker in Pennsylvania, Alaska or in Korea. The gear can be painted in ACU digital or in 3 tone NATO.

Looking forward to your next progress posting.

Happy Modeling,

Joe

Or Fort Lewis/Yakima Training Center, Washington. I like the progress so far by the way. It'll be good to see it all done! I've got a buddy that is Combat Engineer on a Stryker. He's on his sixth deployment right now.

Aaron

Edited by strikeeagle801

The build looks solid. The panel pre-shading looks way too much of a contrast to me. I am not one who likes pre-shading though. It doesn't look realistic to me. I have never seen a real armored vehicle that has each panel outlined with a lighter center section. Sorry, just not a fan of the current "art"sy BS trend.

The build looks solid. The panel pre-shading looks way too much of a contrast to me. I am not one who likes pre-shading though. It doesn't look realistic to me. I have never seen a real armored vehicle that has each panel outlined with a lighter center section. Sorry, just not a fan of the current "art"sy BS trend.

Will take note of that. I ll drown it in more pastel and wash smudge it a bit with streaks and leaks. Spend another $30 on this project.

Ordered the following

Duke IED jammer from Voyager.

AFV Anti Reflection Coating Lens

SKP Lenses and Tailights for Stryker

I m eyeing the AFV Stryker Upgrade Set, but will save that up for a better kit. Seems all the Trumpeter Stryker on Lucky are Sold out after the sale announcement.

Thank Arty, I ll take note of ur critics. Please if you have more, keep it posted. I ll take all advice.

• 1 month later...

Being a resident of PA I have seen a few of these running around. One was driving up Interstate 79 North with the commander outside - his back was to the wind since it was cold, so I don't know what good it did to have him outside. Another one was in a parade in Clarion this fall. Neither one had slat armor on.

Keep up the good work, Eri.

Being a resident of PA I have seen a few of these running around. One was driving up Interstate 79 North with the commander outside - his back was to the wind since it was cold, so I don't know what good it did to have him outside. Another one was in a parade in Clarion this fall. Neither one had slat armor on.

Keep up the good work, Eri.

Thanks dude,

here s another photo. It s been sitting in the display for quite sometime since i touch it.

66253_10151225385577432_893160208_n.jpg