Werner's Wings and Storm Miniatures have joined forces

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, anything new to report on the conversion? Now that I haf the kit, I'd sure like to this one happen.

Chuck

The cockpit/canopy is suppose to be done in a week. Norbert is working on the guns and mounts. I'm almost done with the sensors on the aft pylon. I have been in contact with Master in reference to a refueling probe should I elect to go that route. They are good to go with a reasonable pricing. Things are progressing. Don't give up hope. Patience is the word. It is coming along. Decals will be coming along in short order. Hopefully we'll include the guns a go go markings. There have been lots of work being done by various people, Norbert, mason, and myself. This stuff takes time as it isn't our "day" job. But rest assured we are progressing. Slowly but progressing.

Floyd

Just an update.

The cockpit and canopy issue has been fixed so we are good to go.

Master out of Poland are onboard as well with the refueling probe tip. Here it is:

refuelingprobe1-35_zpsf63c468e.jpg

Progress is coming along nicely. Still no date, still no price.

I am taking pre-orders though. I have a list going. If you asked Andriy to put you on his list please email me and I'll add you to the new list. I hope to get his list but just in case better to get your names to me. Remember this is not going to be inexpensive. I am not holding you to buying the conversion if you are on the list, however, I would appreciate if you told me yes or no so I can start planning how limited edition this will be. Email me at fwernerjr@comcast.net or outside the US at info@wernerswings.com

Enjoy.

Floyd

Edited by Floyd S. Werner, Jr.

Email sent and confirmed with Floyd, many thanks. Few questions. What are your thoughts on the Cobra Company sets for the CH-47D, especially the aft pylon set? Anybody used it, can someone post a scan of the instruction sheet? I'd like to see really what's in it. Also, I was looking at the MH-47G walkaround on PrimePortal and noticed the rivits. Looking at my kit, should this be a candidate for the Archer Rivits? Lastly, what color is this beast? I thought all the 160th birds were flat black, but in the walkaround it looked kinda dark grey/green. Glad this is really gonna happen, many thinks for any help.

Chuck

Email sent and confirmed with Floyd, many thanks. Few questions. What are your thoughts on the Cobra Company sets for the CH-47D, especially the aft pylon set? Anybody used it, can someone post a scan of the instruction sheet? I'd like to see really what's in it. Also, I was looking at the MH-47G walkaround on PrimePortal and noticed the rivits. Looking at my kit, should this be a candidate for the Archer Rivits? Lastly, what color is this beast? I thought all the 160th birds were flat black, but in the walkaround it looked kinda dark grey/green. Glad this is really gonna happen, many thinks for any help.

Chuck

Chuck,

You will need the Cobra Company CH-47D detail set as well. There are things that the kit needs that I'm not prepared to duplicte the work of Cobra Company, even though he has been nice enough to allow me to. I will provide the unique MH-47E items, instrument panel and center console come to mind. You can use the conversion parts on the kit but the fit won't be nearly as nice. I will recommend in the instructions to buy the Cobra Company CH-47 Update set. The aft pylon is up to you. I will probably pick one up for myself.

Our parts will have the Archer rivets in place when you get them. It is up to you to do the rest.

This set will not be for the beginner. There will be some work required, obviously.

Floyd

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Floyd, any news on the most waited on conversion in the history of helicopter modeling? LOL Kinda of a bump to keep this on the front burner.

Chuck

Norbert is working his magic. I have to finish one more thing before I can dedicate to my part of the project. Norbert continues his impressive CAD work. When he is done I should be done with all my stuff and have it sent off. I will probably send the cockpit section,off shortly. Master out of Poland is working on 100 of the refueling probes which should be done in two more weeks. I may sell the probe for your MH-60 and Pavehawks as well.

Bottom line we are progressing. Add your name to the pre-order list. Right now I plan to produce 50-75 sets. There may be more in the future but right now I'm not planning on producing too many more than I have pre-orders. I figure many will bow out and no hard feelings for those that do.

Floyd

Hi Floyd,

Do not forget your common set opens to other goodies :

Japanese CH-47 JA with pointy nose and large sponsons and 3 colors camo

Spanish CH-47D with pointy nose and 3 colors camo

Dutch as well in green camo

Thailand CH-47D with pointy nose and 3 tone camo

Taiwanese with pointy nose and large sponson, etc etc !

Now I must beginn to think about my own order...

Norbert

Who has some dio idea with a korean CH-47SD...

Hi Floyd,

Do not forget your common set opens to other goodies :

Japanese CH-47 JA with pointy nose and large sponsons and 3 colors camo

Spanish CH-47D with pointy nose and 3 colors camo

Dutch as well in green camo

Thailand CH-47D with pointy nose and 3 tone camo

Taiwanese with pointy nose and large sponson, etc etc !

Now I must beginn to think about my own order...

Norbert

Who has some dio idea with a korean CH-47SD...

Oh trust me there will be follow ons but they will take time. The Japanese one does look great with their color scheme.

Floyd

With the impending release of the Live Resin M-134 system I am faced with a quandry.

I did try to include Live Resin gun systems but they were not willing to sell the guns at a wholesale price to do that. I would have to buy them just like you would and on top of that, I was told, they would not be ready until early 2014. For us (read me) it was easier to do the guns ourselves with Norbert's CAD work. That seems to have changed slightly.

With the Live Resin M-134 and M-240D/H release, another option becomes available. That one is to not include the guns and leave it up to the modeler to buy his own guns. That means you buy the expensive conversion set AND the Cobra Company CH-47 Cockpit AND the separate guns you want. This adds more expense to an already expensive project with having to get the guns from them and the cockpit set from Cobra. I'm willing to concead on the cockpit.

Your thoughts on a conversion set that isn't as complete and would require you to buy what you think is the appropriate armament arrangement?

Floyd

I would still buy the conversion set. No big deal to buy the guns somewhere else because one is still buying the main conversion ( new nose. Fuel sponsons ,etc). Besides the cost to make it will be less for you, and the cost to us might be less which could make more people buy your set, especially since it is a limited run. SWMBO might even like the cost a little better versus the cost of the entire set with guns! JM2CW