2 pickups, a Hummer and an SUV

Hi everyone,

I'm try to find these models to build and I'm not sure if they exist. For starters, does anyone know if there is a model of the Dodge Ram (preferably 2500) extended cab version? I've seen a conversion kit for a 4-door version, but I'm looking for a 2-door, and this would require some serious cutting which I fear would end in diaster if I were to attempt a conversion. The Ram is such an iconic truck, that I'm surprised their aren't more models out there.

Second does anyone know if there is a stripped down version of either the Hummer H1 or it's HMMWV counter part? I wanted to do some custom work on one with no roof and no rear cover, however I don't want to simply cut off the roof of a regular model as I wanted all the roof frames/roll cage(?) intact.

Finally, are there any models (or conversion kits) out there for a current generation Toyota Hilux and a current generation Ford Explorer?

I prefer to work in 1/20, 1/24 or 1/25 scale (I'll even go 1/35 on HMMWVs/Hummers), but at this point I'd take what I can get as long as it's not an all diecast model.

Thanks everybody.

AMT have a Dodge Ram 2500 kit but it's not an extended cab. You'd have to cut it behind the door and scratch the extended cab. Or maybe get two kits and Frankenstein it together.

Highly doubtful on a current Explorer or Hilux. Hilux would have a better chance being Japanese but there's nothing iconic about an Explorer to make the Japanese model companies make a kit.

Cutting the roof off a Hummer wouldn't be too bad then you could build accurate roll frames. Probably pretty simple really.

Revell made a few H1 1/25 scale snap kits. there was even that pickup style one from Jurassic park.

Best luck for a dodge ram club cab is in 1/18 scale diecast. There have been a few so called 1/24 scale ones, tho closer to 1/27-1/28 scale.

Other might be found in 1/27-1/28 scale diecast.

Tho I am a fan of 1/64th and HO scale for civilian and larger Military trucks.

Hey, thanks everyone. I've seen all the Hilux but I guess they don't yet have the current generation (N70) yet. Strange as it's already been around 7 years, but oh well, maybe I'll do some work with the older ones. I don't like to work with diecast due to cost and due to diecast being much sturdier and thus harder to cut than plastic. The Hummer seems to be the easist to work with for what I want due to availability. After much closer studying of the Ram models, I found that it'll require a lot more work than I previously thought. I think I will have to indeed cobble two together like Bigasshammm said. On this subject, anyone direct me to a good plastic for cutting up to imitate windows and windshield?

Good clear plastic is any containers that things come in from the store. Like electronic toys or even tools and such. It's very clear and very sturdy. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about we've all cut our fingers on it at some point trying to open one of those packages.

Good clear plastic is any containers that things come in from the store. Like electronic toys or even tools and such. It's very clear and very sturdy. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about we've all cut our fingers on it at some point trying to open one of those packages.

blister packaging.