Stuck RC plane rescued by helicopter

The RC plane looked like a Hangar 9 P-51 ARF trainer. I used to sell those frequently at the LHS. Not a bad plane, but pretty easy to replace if it goes down. Still, VERY COOL to see a helicopter used in that fashion to perform a rescue. The conditions had to be perfect to pull that off and the instructor certainly had great skill on the cyclic, rudder and collective. Nice job!

In interesting video and yes the effort to grab the model in the tree was appreciated by the folks o the ground, but surely a dangerous maneuver to do just for a model plane in a tree. If the helicopter got caught up in the trees or some unseen power lines it could have been tragic.

Very funny but not alot of thought given to safety. Pretty casual approach to taking over the three controls and what impression does it give to the student pilot?

Good post and good for a laugh though.

I wonder what the "Friendly" Feds would think of this video down at the local FSDO (FAA Office)?

30? 60? 90 day suspension on this guy's ticket?

They're not too kind in my neck-of-woods with guys like this.