Moody AFB Airshow last weekend

It was indeed a great show. We got a bonus heritage flight with the Flying Tigers P-40 and A-10C. The did a demo of a downed pilot rescue with A-10's, F-16's, F-15E's, Hh-60G's. the had pyro going of on the ground, flares in the air and the A-10's live fired their guns down range. Even from that distance you could feel the gun vibrate the air. Great show.

jezones,

WOW,

Those PHANTOMS do look PHABULOUS..you lucky man. :yahoo: :yahoo:

The photographs are TOTALLY STUNNING and to see those magnificent men in their flying machines at a BRILLIANT show which

it appears to have been must have been AWESOME..

:wub: :wub:

It looks SPECTACULAR to see not only the Thunderbirds but those others too..a real nice mixture wonderful aircrafts.

Thank you very much for sharing your photos and your day & JOY.

HOLMES :woo: hoo.

Great photos! Good catch on the T-Birds crossover. Looks like a great show, too - not often you see two Phantoms anymore. Although your statement about thinking you never thought you'd get to see a Phantom fly makes me feel old :). That's what I grew up watching flying overhead all the time when I was a kid living near an air force base.

My first airshow (about 9 or 10) I watched the Thunderbirds perform in the straight wing F-84G. I have had the privilege of watching them in every aircraft that they have used except the F-105B. The Phantom is DEFINATELY the most impressive of the bunch. A low level 6 ship pass with 12 J-79s in afterburner is HARD ON THE EARS.

Darwin

Edited by yardbird78