That is great - Thank you very much! :thumbsup:

P.S. Hasegawa kit backdated with??

In my opinion NO aftermarket was good enough so I did all the mods myself. The seat that Cutting Edge said was an early C1 was not even close. They even had one to copy, so they said. I altered the kit seat to represent the early C1. The other mods were really not that big a deal... NACA inlet, fill the gun muzzle fairing and away I went. The funny thing about all this was; I had gotten a kit to start from that said it was a F-104C but in fact the Fuselage was a G... LOL, I didn't notice this until it was time to test fit the rudder and found the G tail there. I couldn't turn around now and just cut it down to match the C tail it was suppose to be. Funny stuff now but at the time I was kinda in a bad mood...so to speak.

Cheers

Larry McCarley

Not much new that we didn't already know, will watch to see how accurate the IPs and side panels are.

http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/aca/kit_aca_12232.shtml

The Hasegawa F-4B was the first in the series? Nope, it sure wasn't. The F-4J was.

The Hasegawa F-4B was the one and only kit in the series with raised panel lines? Nope, it sure wasn't. The F-4J, F-4B/N, and F-4C/D all had raised panel lines.

I read stuff like that at the beginning of a "review" and the rest of the review is automatically suspect.

It kind of bugs me how hard people are being on a kit that only a handful of people (none of which are in this thread) have actually touched.

People always whine they want new kits, then when a new kit hits it is always the same "this panel line is 2mm too far aft" crap..

Give them a chance.. Maybe the actual production versions will be ok.. Maybe they won't. We don't know yet.

In the end the kit will either be great, OK for most people, or so far off it is relegated to the parts section of the stash with a few Lindberg kits.. We won't know until someone prys open their wallet and sees one..

Personally, I pre-ordered 2 of them. Worst case I sell the second one on Ebay. Big deal, this is a hobby, it is supposed to be fun.

It kind of bugs me how hard people are being on a kit that only a handful of people (none of which are in this thread) have actually touched.

People always whine they want new kits, then when a new kit hits it is always the same "this panel line is 2mm too far aft" crap..

Give them a chance.. Maybe the actual production versions will be ok.. Maybe they won't. We don't know yet.

In the end the kit will either be great, OK for most people, or so far off it is relegated to the parts section of the stash with a few Lindberg kits.. We won't know until someone prys open their wallet and sees one..

Personally, I pre-ordered 2 of them. Worst case I sell the second one on Ebay. Big deal, this is a hobby, it is supposed to be fun.

Amen to that!

Stephen

Amen to that!

Stephen

I totally agree with you Stephen. I´ve bought mine 2 days ago and it is on its way to Argentina, it would be nice to see all the improvements over all the other older kits. Seems very nice to me and probably they will issue all the F-4 Phantom family and at a very affordable price.

Best,

Juan

:smiley-transport006:

Edited by dagger00

Hi, agree with you totally, but you know, always will be people that the only thing they do is make bad comments on kits becuase, as you said they are 1.01mm short in this or that area...after all, they are replicas, not the "real" thing...to me, if it looks like an F-4, it´s an F-4.

Just my 2 cents.

Best,

Juan

:salute:

The Hasegawa F-4B was the first in the series? Nope, it sure wasn't. The F-4J was.

The Hasegawa F-4B was the one and only kit in the series with raised panel lines? Nope, it sure wasn't. The F-4J, F-4B/N, and F-4C/D all had raised panel lines.

I read stuff like that at the beginning of a "review" and the rest of the review is automatically suspect.

Wow. Congrats for knowing your history of a model kit series.

Momma Jennings must be so proud :rolleyes:

Bottom line....who gives a crap?

Edited by PNW_Modeler

some comments here makes me wonder why some folks hang here... what the hell do you do in a discussion forum if you don't like discussions???

some folks should create a "CHEERING" forum, so they can share with anywhom interested to know, that they share the very same feelings... maybe they should do a FaceBook cheering page and collect the "likes"

as for the model history, i'll be more likely to believe someone who knows its history right... rather than someone who don't. you know, some people here likes their facts right!

if you had spend more time reading, you should have know...

i really don't know to whom your comment was aimed at... but reading previous comments to yours... ...your comment is totally irrelevant to this thread yet.

maybe you should have post in another thread... :monkeydance:

oh, and BTW, i also have done a pre-order a long ago, and can't wait to see the box at my door! so you can't tell that people who are critics to kits just do blabering without pulling the money out of the wallet!

shrug,,,,,it has always been my experience that the people that can barely understand the game of checkers have NO CLUE why other people enjoy chess

the difference in those two games and their players is a lot like the difference between the groups of modelers

one group LOVES to come to discussion boards and constantly post "SHUT UP" at the top of their lungs,,,,,,,,,,the other group can access info and help each other, and even helps the first group when they ask a question

once a shot is in someone's hands for a preview or a review,,,,,,,that is the plastic that will be sold,,,,,,,so, if it is wrong in the review, it will be wrong in the box,,,,,only people that don't really understand what a "test shot" is in the molding industry will be the people expecting to see "improvements when the kit is sold"

the terminology thing seems trivial to some,,,,,,,but, if that is not fixed whenever it is noticed, it will slip by

that leads to entire sites with between 5 and 20 (or 100) errors on it,,,,,which makes them unusable for reference,,,,,most article writers would rather have those corrections than end up with a rep that they are not "good reference sites"

edit to add: I also spent money on kits based on internet "knowledge",,,,I have 5 of the Airfix Skyhawks that the "Net-sperts" crowned as "Excellant",,,and they are,,,except for the Drop Tanks, the Rudder height, and the Nose,,,,,,,so, they are as good as the Fujimi, as long as I use Esci drop tanks or buy resin, fill in the bottom of the rudder and rescribe, and slice the nose and tip it up 1/4 inch and reglue it,,,,,,so, how about letting people talk until the faults ARE pointed out?, it might save YOU, YOU, and even YOU some money someday

Edited by Rex

Well, in all fairness to the review, they didn't say that. They said that the F-4B was "one of the first" and that it "along with their original F-4C/D and F-4J releases" featured raised panel lines. I think that's about correct, no?

the review DID say it at the beginning,,,,,,he must have corrected it about the same time that I emailed him to change the "N nose" info that was on there, and is now corrected

Mike is one of the guys that doesn't faint dead away at corrections, he just fixes whatever is pointed out to him, and goes on to the next article

I'm not disagreeing with you, however, we ****always**** hear these things, and nothing you, me, nor anyone else says is going to change that fact. You can make yourself crazy worrying about what other people say, or you can ignore it (if you choose) and enjoy building the model. Remember the old serenity prayer: "Lord, grant me the courage to change the things I can, the serenity to accept the things I cannot, and the wisdom to know the difference."

Exactly. If you need to primer an entire model, what are you trying to cover up?

Cheers

Larry McCarley

Maybe the different surface textures of plastic, putty, CA, metal and whatever other scratch building material got incorporated into the model so it all looks uniform under the paint?

the review DID say it at the beginning,,,,,,he must have corrected it about the same time that I emailed him to change the "N nose" info that was on there, and is now corrected

Mike is one of the guys that doesn't faint dead away at corrections, he just fixes whatever is pointed out to him, and goes on to the next article

Ah, I did not realize that, I apologize. In any case, I will get one for the stash. Maybe two. Three tops.

I will also get some for the stash, when or if they get to doing the 1/72 version that they announced before the "won't ever happen" 1/48 kit was announced

I figure that since they got the 1/48 kit to reach fruition, that the slight additional work involved might get me the 1/72 kits, after they make a bunch of money from 1/48 sales

and if they somewhere don't measure out exactly in details in 1/72, I will still buy them, and mention the corrections needed, and then go ahead and make the corrections as I go

I will NOT be all upset if someone says the 1/72 kit needs this or that,,,,,,I will be glad that someone else is looking them over, because I know that the more pairs of eyes that look, the higher the chance of catching everything

some comments here makes me wonder why some folks hang here... what the hell do you do in a discussion forum if you don't like discussions???

Nicely put.

As a former regular reader, I've had those very same questions over, and over, and over. Obviously some folks' expectations and standards aren't as high as others'.

Gene K

Nicely put.

As a former regular reader, I've had those very same questions over, and over, and over. Obviously some folks' expectations and standards aren't as high as others'.

Gene K

I think it's very hard to discuss about a kit you don't have in your hands. It seems to be better than Hase's, but it should be, as there are nearly 3 decades between them

Looks great to me. As with any kit, there will be lots of room for scratch-building, and lots of room for aftermarket goodies. But from what I've seen so far, this will be a pretty darned good OOB build. Personally, I hope the aftermarket guys go absolutely bonkers on this kit, and make it not too difficult to build a near perfect F-4B (and hopefully F-4C/D). Can't wait to get mine.

Ben, I think that's a Mk7 seat actually. Gonna need some good Mk.5 seats for most of the builds I have in mind.

Richard J