Academy's 1/72 A-10A Aftermarket

Hey Guys,

I'm about to do the A-10A kit in 1/72 from Academy, not the greatest kit btw, and I was wondering what aftermarket goodies I could get for the kit, I'm most interested on a cockpit and decals for it. Any help will be appreciated, :) also, the reason why I'm doing this is to practice so that I can get a 1/48 scale kit, but I want to do it justice, I have never built an A-10 before and I was wondering what kit should be the best in that scale? I already have the monogram kit, but to be honest, I don't want to deal with scribing and re riveting the entire kit.... I mean, c'mon!! who do you guys think I am? Cyrus Tan?!!

Thanks in advance!!

Luis.

Check Verlindens A-10A detial set, Eduard Etch or Aires Detail set or cockpit. Since Academys is a copy of hasegawas you can use sets made for Hase kit too.

Aires set is made for Italeri and i am not sure how well it fits without some surgery.

Check Verlindens A-10A detial set, Eduard Etch or Aires Detail set or cockpit. Since Academys is a copy of hasegawas you can use sets made for Hase kit too.

Aires set is made for Italeri and i am not sure how well it fits without some surgery.

Thank you, I did not know it was a rebox of the hasegawa! :thumbsup:

Biggest difference is the wings that are retooled with recessed panel lines on Academy and raised on Hasegawa. It is not a reboxing more of a plagiat of hasegawas kit.

The best plagiat inprovement I think ia the Acadwemy U-2 kit which is a sort of copy of Airfix but improved alot.