BPK 1/72 Injection Molded 737-200 - here are the pics!

At last I can share it (spaseebo Victorlas)!! The kit has been announced by BPK (Big Planes Kits) from Ukraine. Before you ask, no I don't know when it will be released, and no, I don't know what the price will be. I can tell you it was designed using CAD technology based on my original 737-200 drawings (themselves based on thousands of pages of 737 tech manuals and gazillions of photos).

The kit should be available soon, so stay tuned for more info as I get it... And there's more good stuff to come from these guys!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/89566463@N02/

Edited by Jennings

As I stated above, the CAD design work was done using my original drawings (note: I did not design the kit, they used my 737 drawings as a basis for their own design work). Nothing firm on decals. I haven't actually seen the kit with my own eyes yet...

At last I can share it (spaseebo Victorlas)!! The kit has been announced by BPK (Big Planes Kits) from Ukraine. Before you ask, no I don't know when it will be released, and no, I don't know what the price will be. I can tell you it was designed using CAD technology based on my original 737-200 drawings (themselves based on thousands of pages of 737 tech manuals and gazillions of photos).

The kit should be available soon, so stay tuned for more info as I get it... And there's more good stuff to come from these guys!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/89566463@N02/

That means I can finally do 5R-MFA, Air Madagascar's first 737, which I flew in several times when it was new, and which until relatively recently was the oldest 737-2XX still flying.

Of course we now need Air Madagascar decals....(hint, hint).

John Hairell (tpn18@yahoo.com)

John -

Be aware that 5R-MFA is a non-advanced 737-200. The engine pylons are significantly smaller than on the Advanced airplanes, and there were blow-in doors around the intake. Neither of those features in the BPK kit, so you've got some work to do to do her accurately.

J

John -

Be aware that 5R-MFA is a non-advanced 737-200. The engine pylons are significantly smaller than on the Advanced airplanes, and there were blow-in doors around the intake. Neither of those features in the BPK kit, so you've got some work to do to do her accurately.

J

Yeah, I knew there were some diffs. Sniff...

I rode in both 5R-MFA and 5R-MFB several times, along with that airline's DC-3s, DC-4s, and Twin Otters. And 5R-MFK, their lone 707.

John Hairell (tpn18@yahoo.com)