BPK 1/72 Injection Molded 737-200 - here are the pics!

Cool project. I wonder if they will come out with 737-300 and up series. What you think Jenning?

My name is certainly not Jennings but keep in mind that the 737-300 is a very different aircraft, while the type indication differs just one number. The wings, engines, tail surfaces etc. are all different, and I think also the landing gear. They would need an entire new mould for it.

I would like to see them come up with a Classic anyways. But there are a lot of other 'small' airliners that would be nice to have a 72nd scale model of.

My name is certainly not Jennings but keep in mind that the 737-300 is a very different aircraft, while the type indication differs just one number. The wings, engines, tail surfaces etc. are all different, and I think also the landing gear. They would need an entire new mould for it.

I would like to see them come up with a Classic anyways. But there are a lot of other 'small' airliners that would be nice to have a 72nd scale model of.

'Modified' is a more correct term for the wings and tail. 'Extended in various places with some other miscellaneous changes' is more accurate still.

From a model mold standpoint, it's a 100% completely different airplane. Only the clear cockpit part from the current BPK kit, plus the radome would be shared with the -200 kit. Proving once again that models are not miniatures airplanes - they're miniature sculptures of airplanes.

ZK-NAQ.jpg

man that brings back some memories

I remember flying with NAC from CHCH to Wellington(not exactly long haul) - I think I would have been about 8 years old. Then I think they either morphed into Air New Zealand or they went the way of Ansett and the Dodo :dontknow:/> - I can't quite remember exactly what happened to them.

I would buy a 737 kit in any scale solely for that scheme

Edited by The Madhatter

Received my BPK kit today - WOW!! If you're familiar with the 'look and feel' of the injection molded Amodel kits such as the An-26, this kit will be familiar. I got home from work very late today, and have only had time to glance over it, but so far it looks fantastic!

J

In general - are these going to be widely available? The pre-order was from shops I haven't heard of or dealt with. Do you know who might be considered the most "main stream" distributor of these?

Thanks.

I finally broke down and ordered one. Merry Christmas to me!

Haha well done mate!

I have been notified that mine has shipped....cant wait!

In fact I cant wait to see what else these guys come up with...I really do hope a '300' is coming

Cheers

Anthony

In general - are these going to be widely available? The pre-order was from shops I haven't heard of or dealt with. Do you know who might be considered the most "main stream" distributor of these?

Thanks.

Their ad on eBay states "limited run of 200 only"... So either they're telling porkies, or you need to get yours ASAP!!

Chris

I'll let this one go then....

I dealt with Alexsey directly and it all went pretty straightforward. Just saw via track & trace that the kit is expecting me to have it picked up from the post office (I'm also EU, albeit in a far and distant corner of it... <_</> :)/> ).

On a different note, I realized a couple of days ago that F-dcal has it own range of B732 sheets in 1/144 which can be upscaled by special order. Well, 25EUR isn't exactly cheap but you'll get that desired LV-JTD:

http://www.f-dcal.fr/decals/img/p/7/6/1/761-thickbox.jpg

:woo:/>