BPK 1/72 Injection Molded 737-200 - here are the pics!

Hi guys! I have great news for you. I jast start to sell a brend new kit - Boeing T-43A 1/72 BigPlanesKits.

I am unable to make the photo of kit now, sorry.

$(KGrHqRHJFcFDT!1UV)nBQ03ONH4ng~~60_12.JPG

My friend "gary_angel" jast criat a list on the ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boeing-T-43A-1-72-BigPlanesKits-NEW-Kit-/190773753479?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item2c6b007687

Hi guys! I have great news for you. I jast start to sell a brend new kit - Boeing T-43A 1/72 BigPlanesKits.

I am unable to make the photo of kit now, sorry.

$(KGrHqRHJFcFDT!1UV)nBQ03ONH4ng~~60_12.JPG

My friend "gary_angel" jast criat a list on the ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boeing-T-43A-1-72-BigPlanesKits-NEW-Kit-/190773753479?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item2c6b007687

Does this release differ from your Piedmont kit in any way outside of just the decals? Specifically, are the clear parts identical?

Mike

As I have told Aleksey, I waited for Christmas Eve to open the parcel that arrived from the Ukraine:

This kit has to be seen with your own eyes from up close to be believed!!! :woot.gif:

I have to admit, from looking at the few pictures available, I expected something in the range of Amodel as far as molding quality is concerned. Well, I'm afraid I will have to disagree with Jennings here. I certainly feel this to be above Amodel and certainly miles high above their An-26 which is a real pig...

The detail on parts is very nice (especially the wheel hubs are very fine and sharp indeed, at a first glance), the etched parts look equally nice and the decals are also printed in good register. The painting masks for the windows are there and the whole transparent parts affair looks in the end as straightforward as possible.

I did a quick dry run at fitting the main fuselage halves and they fit :thumbsup: That same cannot be said of the Amodel An-26 :(

Ok, ok! Call me enthusiastic, but after seeing THIS, I'm glad I focused on getting the BPK 732 for Christmas.

If you have any interest in this aircraft and are a 72nd scale builder, get the money together and order one. I have a feeling you won't regret it!

:wub:

Edited by niki4703

This model, I won on ebay. Over forty years old, and with a missing piece of nose section from one of the fuselage halves.

Aurora.jpg

So, I decided to have the model built by professional model builder Steve Bowe who is based in the UK. Given the fact that the Aurora model was not the best in terms of detail, this was the finished product...

model23.png

It is now the latest aquisition to my model collection.

model19.png

He turned it out to be a fine 1:72 scale model of ZK-NAQ (which I flew in back in the late '70's as a teen)

model24.png

Best NAC livery IMHO: "wings of the nation".

model20.png

The NAC decals were provided by OldModelsDecals

IMG_20121224_01772.jpg

NAC is New Zealand aviation history at its best - 1947 to 1978

Edited by Expatkiwi

model4.png

This pic showed the missing portion of nose from the right fuselage half, and Steve's initial building of the model. Note the lead pellets already in the nose.

model3.png

Building up the modelling putty for the nose repair.

model5.png

The repaired nose with initial primer coat airbrushed on. Steve Bowe would make a great plastic surgeon IMHO. This added another twenty-five pounds to the overall cost of the build, but it was well worth it.

model9.png

initial painting of the model

model10.png

looking like a 737 now...

Pics of the completed underside

IMG_20121224_01775.jpg

IMG_20121224_01778.jpg

The Aurora 727-200 has no wheel-well detail (intended to be shown in a 'wheels-up' configuration), but Steve did the best he could under the circumstances of the model. He did have to put in some undercarriage extenders as without them the engines would be touching the ground.

Edited by Expatkiwi

model16.png

This image says it all. A master modeller's skills utilized to make a mediocre (and damaged) kit into a work of art.

So I'm sure that if Steve can make an Aurora 737 look good, then you folks working on the BPK 737 should be able to outdo the Aurora, but then again, if Steve gets his hands on one of the BPK's...

Edited by Expatkiwi

So, if I buy the T-43, can make a civvie a/c too?

btw, what about to add these decals? =P

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/8/6/8/1462868.jpg

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/8/6/7/0878768.jpg

best regards.-

Nice pics here! Is this Venezuela's equivilent of Air Force One when Pres. Chavez is on board? (I suppose that would be Fuerza Aerea Uno in Spanish...)

Edited by Expatkiwi

Nice pics here! Is this Venezuela's equivilent of Air Force One when Pres. Chavez is on board? (I suppose that would be Fuerza Aerea Uno in Spanish...)

Hi Expatkiwi!

It was the Venezuelan AF equivalent of Air Force One since 1977 when was acquired by the Venezuelan government for the Presidential flight and sported the serial FAV 0001 until the year 2002 when was replaced as the presidential mount by a brand new Airbus A-319CJ VIP, since then the sole B-737-200 was re-serialed as FAV 0207 as the pics above...

the B-737 today:

http://www.fav-club.com/images/stories/galeria_b737/b737_0207_cq.jpg

the replacement:

http://www.fav-club.com/images/stories/galeria_a319cj/a-319cj_bael_10dic09_ef%201.jpg

http://www.fav-club.com/images/stories/galeria_a319cj/a-319cj_bael_10dic09_ef.jpg

best regards from Caracas!

Alberto.-

I think personally the reason why I like the -200 series the best is because its engines are sleeker. True, the main reason why the 737-200 was being phased out was because of noise and emissions standards, necessitating the engine changes, but the -200 looks like it weas made to fly fast! The "fatter" engines remind me more of Airbus...

Edited by Expatkiwi

Well my kit arrived safely today....Thank you BPK!!!!!

I cant wait to see what you do next.....maybe a 300??? Or even an A320?

Anyway thank you for producing such a nice kit of this much needed injection kit.

Cheers

Anthony......keen to do my NAC one now.....Jen :whistle:

Hi guys,

Happy New Year for all!

I have a doubt... does the T-43 kit comes with all the complete vinyl masks for the fuselage windows as the B-737 piedmont kit?

I like very much the T-43 decals but in other instance also I would like to have the alternative to build any civvie version with the same kit... just in case I change opinion...

Help me to decide...

TIA

Alberto.-

May be someone has spotted this already but the T43-A on the BPK drawings show eight windows when it should have nine, this is clearly shown in the photo (post 26) by Jennings

Edited by Kev67

I can't seem to buy a kit from the Cooper Models site. There's no log-in to their site to establish an account and shopping list/basket, and the PayPal icon takes me to an advertizement instead of promting me to purchace the kit. What's the trick for buying from these guys?

Tracy

Edited by Vidar 710

I can't seem to buy a kit from the Cooper Models site. There's no log-in to their site to establish an account and shopping list/basket, and the PayPal icon takes me to an advertizement instead of promting me to purchace the kit. What's the trick for buying from these guys?

Tracy

Dave Cooper posted on Hyperscale a few days ago that he was having a problem with sending orders through Western Union and he was not accepting orders for this kit until that had been straightened out. However, that problems seems to have been resolved.

I just checked his site and was able to place orders for both versions of this kit. If you go to the "What's New" page, you'll see both kits listed. Click on the one you want, and the "Add to Cart" button should be visible.

And thanks for the reminder; I've been intending to order one of these myself!

Edited by SkyKing918