BPK 1/72 Injection Molded 737-200 - here are the pics!

I consider the Boeing Company to be a fairly reliable source for information on 737 orders and deliveries. If you want to argue the point with them, I can give you directions to the 737 program office headquarters in Renton.

http://active.boeing.com/commercial/orders/displaystandardreport.cfm?cboCurrentModel=737&optReportType=AllModels&cboAllModel=737&ViewReportF=View+Report

I consider the Boeing Company to be a fairly reliable source for information on 737 orders and deliveries. If you want to argue the point with them, I can give you directions to the 737 program office headquarters in Renton.

http://active.boeing.com/commercial/orders/displaystandardreport.cfm?cboCurrentModel=737&optReportType=AllModels&cboAllModel=737&ViewReportF=View+Report

Doesn't that list state 52 737-900 orders, 7 737-900BBJ orders and 545 737-900ER orders for a total of 604 jets? I don't see where the number 929 is coming from.

Not arguing, just asking.

Edited by streetstream

I'm wondering if this will be the only 1:72 Airliner BPK will made or if they have others planned.

Any indications of a date for European Release?

1a. No

1b. Yes

2a. Soon

Edited by Jennings

very cool. I might have to get one of these.

is that a gravel kit fairing for the nose I see on the sprue? if it is Iam going to have to do C-GNDC in canadian north markings. the only 737 I have ever worked on

At last I can share it (spaseebo Victorlas)!! The kit has been announced by BPK (Big Planes Kits) from Ukraine. Before you ask, no I don't know when it will be released, and no, I don't know what the price will be. I can tell you it was designed using CAD technology based on my original 737-200 drawings (themselves based on thousands of pages of 737 tech manuals and gazillions of photos).

The kit should be available soon, so stay tuned for more info as I get it... And there's more good stuff to come from these guys!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/89566463@N02/

Looks like there are parts on the sprues for the gravel kit. Mmmmmm, thinking Canadian Airlines.

Tom

The kit looks fantastic and will probably be a home run in sales.

I have a question as to why there are rubber tires and not injected tires with this kit.

No modeller wants rubber tires they look so toy like!

Will someone cast new resin tires for this kit?

Cheers

Andy

Toronto

My initial contribution will be those decals:

VARIG

VASP PP-SMA DELIVERY COLORS

CRUZEIRO

VASP 3 TONS OF BLUE

BRAZILIAN AIR FORCE

More to come!!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by pttaa

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I just solved the problem of the livery for my 732:

http://www.malvinasmdp.org.ar/Images/Fotos/M085.jpg

Aerolineas Argentinas LV-JTD carrying personnel and a bit of cargo into Stanley Airport/ BAM Malvinas, April 1982.

The stripes and tail logo can be painted on, I'm sure. Rest of the titles, I shall see if I can come up myself with on the printer... :)

:)

Excellent!

Just a thought about that particular plane (LV-JTD) or that particular timeframe (?!): the Aerolineas Argentina titles were slightly smaller, given the fact that lenghtwise they only extended [as seen on the left side of the plane, from the front to the rear] just a little bit beyond the emergency exit over the wings.

http://www.malvinasmdp.org.ar/Images/Fotos/M029.jpg

In every other picture I've seen, the livery on Argentina's 732 coresponds to your very, very nice profile...

Edited by niki4703

I may very well make AA available for the 1/72 BPK kit from F-Dcal. Philippe and I have been discussing decal ideas for the kit, and AA has always been a popular subject. Clearly I'd have to modify my artwork to make it appropriate for the kit, as LV-JMZ is an early non-advanced airplane (note the nacelles and pylons). I'd probably feature LV-JTD, as I have a personal interest in the Falklands/Malvinas conflict as well!

Also, note that the titles are completely different than I've shown them. The earlier titles had different lettering. I'll have to see if I can dig up some better refs on that earlier style.

J

Edited by Jennings

1a. No

1b. Yes

2a. Soon

I hope the other kits BPK releases down the road include the 727-200 and 757 at least. Easter and American Airlines for both, please! A 757 would also allow for an Air Force Two/SAM option.

I hope they eventually do an assortment of 1/72 airliners--always seemed like a logical thing given 1/72 is the scale with the greatest subject range.

I think the injected world is more than ready for a 747 too!