RAF-doorgunners with NVGs?

Thanks, now I understand...

Will try to correct that.

HAJO

Hello again. Sorry to say this but I have had another look at the photo of your model and almost all of the etch metal grills that you have added to the airframe is also Mk2 Chinook style only. The bits on the forward pylon are not required and the bits on the top of the rear pylon could be moved a little more forward. I will try and find a photo to show this.

Oh oh.... ;)

Well, in this case we need to exercise some artistic licensing.

I fixed the rear pylon following your advice:

IMG_3367.jpg

I also added a couple of antennas and stuff, I was happy to find some old RWRs and Flare/Chaff-launchers from a Matchbox/Revell-kit.

IMG_3365.jpg

IMG_3366.jpg

HAJO

Quite good, very easy fit, but you need to do a couple of adjustments to make a HC1 out of it. Interiour detail in the cargo bay is not existent, but that can be easily changed if you´re into scratching stuff.

I can recommend that model.

HAJO

You mean the colors? Revell Acryllics.

Here is a first test-run for the small disruptive pattern, I used the cargo-ramp and I´m quite pleased with the result:

IMG_3431.jpg

It may look like a PITA to do, but this is actually the part of the build I´m going to enjoy most!

HAJO

Roger, so the pieces are correct, I just named them wrong?

HAJO

What you have fitted to your model are the normal Debris Screens, not the Sand Filters. The Debris Screens were removed from the aircraft and the Sand Filters fitted in the UK before they were transported to the gulf region. These were then removed on return to the UK, that is why the Debris Screens fitted to your model are painted grey rather than the sand colour.

I do really like the black disruptive pattern that you have applied to your model. I do know that this was randomly done by the ground crew out there with a 4" paint brush, black paint and a lot of imagination.

Edited by Jabba29

OK, some minor things (winch, antenna, landing lights) are in the process of beeing fitted, but now I can already present you the status of today afternoon:

IMG_3439.jpg

This picture is intentionally dark to get an idea how this chopper looks like while beeing on a night mission.

IMG_3440.jpg

I was in a modellers heaven: Family was out, a nice model on the desk, and music on my headphones, among them "Nightrain" of Guns'n'Roses and "Paint it black" of the Rolling Stones... Quite fitting!

HAJO