An Me509- to fight cancer!

I've entered a group build to benefit cancer research. You can read about here,My link and there's still time to sign up- or simply donate a buck or two.

MAFLYER_CTA.jpg

Well, here I go- better late than never! Since I'm in a time bind, I can't guarantee that the girls show up on a regular basis- I'm busy buildin', man! ;)/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>

509_001.jpg

509_002.jpg

509_003.jpg

509_004.jpg

509_005.jpg

509_006.jpg

Fritzi_004.jpg

Edited by chukw

Thanks, guys! I believe the deadline isn't until the end of January, so there will be a bit more time for the girls. As for the Ju388, I'll be finishing it up soon- there's just a scant handful of parts left to add. A shipment form Sprue Brothers is on the way with some nesting tubing from Albion Alloys- I'll make some antennae and a pitot tube. Props, nav lights and the final aerial is all that's needed.

Thanks again, fellers! I've been thinking a lot about the engine doors- and there's just no way they'd open or remove up to the very top of the fuselage- could one beam/stringer support all the werial stresses on the airframe? Some drawings show a door much like a Do335- I'll be going that route. It's a whiffer, yes- but like the Mythbusters, I'd at least like call this one

the-mythbusters-deem-it-plausible-that-both-could-have-survived-if-rose-wasnt-so-selfish-that-is.jpg

And my show will include girls, too!

Mythbusters.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks, guys!Sorry I lost track of this. Your kind words are, as ever, much appreciated! Yes, Mike- There is indeed a custom commission by yours truly in the CTA raffle. Get buildin'- and get lucky!

Here's the latest scooby- from our gal Fritzi.

509_017.jpg

509_018.jpg

509_019.jpg

509_020.jpg

509_021.jpg

509_022.jpg

509_023.jpg

as always great work Chuk!

Im also diggin' the additional pin up with each post.

I still think you should market a decal set of "The Girls" in varying scales for nose art.

Edited by Shawn M
  • 2 weeks later...