An Me509- to fight cancer!

as always great work Chuk!

Im also diggin' the additional pin up with each post.

I still think you should market a decal set of "The Girls" in varying scales for nose art.

I concurr..

Thanks, guys! It's a wonder what you can get done on an 11-day staycation, ain't it. I'm working on the landing gear and covers now- just gotta keep from adding too much. I've got to get this done by the end of the month if I want to get in the raffle- and I just might make it. If not, well, I've given to a good cause, and that'll be good enough for me.

Mike- no weights- I have a plan A, and a plan B. :taunt:

• 1 month later...

Woohoo - I was starting to go through withdrawals!!!!

That really was a good idea to relax the sagging on the true details tires. I used TD wheels for my Ta-152 and they look like they are going flat! I assume that you just left some of the pour stub on the bottom and used that to reshape the tires?

Next opportunity I'm going to try some of that furnace tape. Hopefully it'll turn out well!

Looking great! Can't wait for the next update!

Mike

Edited by Skinny_Mike

Thanks, guys! I'm in the process of tearing the ol' studio apart to make way for a new, custom set of bookcases/display case. After eleven years the IKEA beauties were beginning to warp out of shape and were starting to collapse. It's a chance to sift through a lot of accumulata, organize the library and ditch the dregs. Pics to follow in a separate thread!

Mike, I cut the wheels right off at the bottoms. If you look the added sculpting is really weird-looking. I sanded the bottom to an elliptical shape, then blended the bulge smoothly into the body of the tire. Make sense? I didn't add anything- just sanded the excess away. Still better than the kit wheels!

Thanks, Toniosky!

Corsairman, you can get those bits at Drill Bit City They are the best drills I've ever used- but they very brittle and must be used with care.

• 3 weeks later...

ChukW,

oh This is still wondrous thread and build to follow..

you can have million pages and I would still be traipsing through them to read each word and admire the cartoons... Nice art work.. :wub:

Where is Fritz? :o

STUNNING updates :jaw-dropping:

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, guys! I got the camo and theatre markings on this past weekend, but couldn't post as it was my 24th wedding anniversary. ;) Next up will be to paint the marking on with my Miracle Masks- it's moving right along. :cheers: