An Me509- to fight cancer!

SIR!

My greatest respect, I thoroughly enjoyed your Me-410 step-by-step build and I am very happy to find another of your instructive and delighting, if a bit naughty (YESSS!), projects. You are an inspiration.

Your pin up artwork would be a joy on any WHIF Luftwaffe fighter plane. Although I can only hope for the swastika earpins to be too small to discern, otherwise the PC police would ban any such irresponsible frivolity, especially as it is to the power of three (Militarism, nazism and sexism, OMG!)

But I do not care for PC, my Hooray for all of your nice work.

Jan from Germany

PS: congrats for your anniversary, one more year will yield you silver (in German tradition at least).

Edited by PeepingBear

Thanks, guys!

Chuck, the mottles were a lot of fun, as I had my AB dialed in just right, and I added a drop of Gunze Sanyo Mr. Retarder to the paint. That kept it flowing, and just doodled away. Whiffers are fun that way.

Thanks, Roberto and Ryan- glad you like it. It always gets the blood pumping to add paint and markings. :)

The Wite-Out is typing correction fluid- get the smelly (ie, non-water-based) kind. There is a slight "trick" to using it- it's got to be sanded with fine sandpaper- a rough grit will just tear it all off.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, Bill!

Here's an update at last! Andi seems to have recovered and is back to full health, my job is hopping and my wife and I are well. That said, things do keep cropping up and modeling has to take second fiddle- and posting plays trombone. I had to cut this update short- look to the last pic for a teaser of where I am now. ;)/>/>

509_076.jpg

509_077.jpg

509_078.jpg

509_079.jpg

509_080.jpg

509_081.jpg

509_082.jpg

509_083.jpg

Hannah_009.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, Holmes! ;D

I think I can call this plane done. Of course I'll have to add a fresh oil streak here and there- as I build the diorama base. Updates will continue!

509_084.jpg

509_085.jpg

509_086.jpg

509_087.jpg

509_088.jpg

509_089.jpg

509_090.jpg

509_091.jpg

509_092.jpg

509_093.jpg

Beautiful work Chuk!

The pitot and gun barrels look absolutely marvellous.

Cheers,

Jim

What pitot and gun barrels?!?!......Fritzi or Hannah must be in the way... :woot.gif::whistle: . I did notice the dusting from the sand weathering; outstanding!!! "und mit den Mädchen dort....alles ist heiß...ja!! :D"

Edited by #1 Greywolf

Man that's just plain awesome...no no, not plain - insanely awesome. So much so, I think I'll take up knitting.

knit one, pearl one.....

Good idea with the bloke holding up the rear end too!

I'm going to borrow a few weathering ideas from you as well - very effective stuff there

Look forward to seeing it all together (with the figure and car etc)

MH

Thanks, guys! I hope to have some time this long weekend to dive in on that base- but I've just been handed a crazy deadline. It always happens on holidays...

Thanks, gents! I've been a tad busy lately- we are, among other things, moving my job's office a bit up the road. Quite an undertaking- and I've been collecting books and so forth in this place for ten years! The new place will not have much space for personal stuff, so I've got to find a place for it all at home- or get rid of it.

Any way, I have compressed the rear springs and turned the front wheels to the right on this tiny jeep- pics to follow soon! Again, thanks- and cheers!

chuk