Looking for period of photos of RCN TBM-3

Gents,

I have searched on Google for subj pics, and wasn't too successful. There was a website called kevsaviation.blogspot.com but it always timedout when I tried to get on it. Anyone have any pics of these Avengers still in their GSB paint scheme, with the ball turret and in RCN markings?

TIA

Brad

Hi Barney, I have his book as well, but I was hoping for more photos, if there were any. I am planning on a 1/32 Avenger project, but thought I would go the less travelled route and do one up in the GSB scheme, since there doesn't appear to be too many models done in that scheme.

Cheers

Brad

Brad:

The best source of TBM-3E RCN photos is the Leo Pettipas book titled "The Grumman Avenger in the Royal Canadian Navy" originally published in 1988. I think their are re-prints out there available thru the book store @ The Shearwater Aviation Museum. Well worth the price, which really isn't/wasn't that high. I did one in 72nd scale and the book was a great help.

Wintrystuff050.jpg

Wintrystuff054.jpg

Alvin5182

Brad:

Thanks for the kind words! 32nd scale should be a monster. The 72nd scale turkey is the size of a Beaufighter in the same scale. Can Mil Air decals worked beautifully on mine.Highly recommended!

Alvin5182