1/72 P-3C Orion Hasegawa/CMR/Eduard

Hi guys, with my first post here on the forum I´ve been thinking of introducing myself by presenting my recent work. So, here I´m - heavily modified Hasegawa kit (rescribed panel lines and rivetted surface) with addition of CMR detail kit (wing flaps, wheel wells, bomb bay, crew cabin interior - http://www.cmrmodels.co.uk/ ), Eduard PE and scratchbuilded engine. Interior is illuminated by two LED diodes.

P1010221.JPG

P1010223.JPG

P1010264.JPG

P1010265.JPG

P1010266.JPG

P1010267.JPG

P1010268.JPG

P1010206.JPG

DSC03576.JPG

DSC03580.JPG

Edited by Vladislav Seidl

Vladislav,

The Orion is one of my favourite aircraft and with you putting that massive amount of work into your model I can only wholeheartedly congratulate you!

Excellent craftsmanship! :thumbsup:

Cheers!

P.S.: I would have though chosen another marking option for this beauty :P

Thank you guys for your kind words! Really appreciate it :)

Wow... that is really stunning! I had no idea there were aftermarket products for the Aurora when I built mine. This build really puts mine to shame... great job again!

Are there any decals for red maple leaf yet? That was the plane I´ve been thinking about:)

Vladislav,

The Orion is one of my favourite aircraft and with you putting that massive amount of work into your model I can only wholeheartedly congratulate you!

Excellent craftsmanship! :thumbsup:

Cheers!

P.S.: I would have though chosen another marking option for this beauty :P

Show me! :D Next Orion I´m going to make will be the USNTPS one. I really like the colourful world! :D

PS: Don´t want to offense "local rules", but any critique will be greatly appreciated. For example - what about opened engine cover with alive ammunition together? I have never found any picture on this "setup", but like to believe it is possible :) And also sorry for my english. Not really good at it :)

Thank you guys for your kind words! Really appreciate it :)

Are there any decals for red maple leaf yet? That was the plane I´ve been thinking about:)

I think you mean the 1997 Fincastle markings? I have done up the standard service FIP markings (including Fincastle 2008) but for the large tail markings you should talk to FlightDecs. They did up the large tail markings and I did up the remainder of the standard service markings.

thanks

David

When I saw this thread title in the New Content list, my first thought was 'OK, this will be cool -hope it's the Marlin bird!'

It is -and so much more! Definitely a candidate for my 2012 Build Of The Year (only three so far), and a magnificently executed project.

Many thanks for showing it here! :thumbsup:

Well, I was excited about the 1/72 P-3 I got in the mail today from a trade that I was planning to do in the same markings I just want to sit and stare at yours. Beautiful work. :thumbsup::worship: If I can get remotely close to this quality I'll be happy. What resin sets did you use?

Chris

Thanks again for the kind words guys :) Detail set used is from the CMR company (just follow the link in my first post ;) )

Lenny - glad you like it, sir. I can´t even imagine how awesome must be driving this beauty.

I think you mean the 1997 Fincastle markings? I have done up the standard service FIP markings (including Fincastle 2008) but for the large tail markings you should talk to FlightDecs. They did up the large tail markings and I did up the remainder of the standard service markings.

thanks

David

Yep, that´s the one. Didn´t know they already released that sheet. I still see it as a future release.

I am sorry guys, but set is JUST RELEASED - it will take some time to be in shop lists... As far as I know, all from CMR (Czechmaster) can be ordered for example at https://www.modelimex.com/ .

..or you can visit Telford show (Scale Model World) and buy it there, at CMR (Czechmaster) in these days ;) :D