Wings over the Rockies

Visiting my cousin in Denver CO for the last few days and made a trip to the Wings over the Rockies aviation museum, which is located on the site of the former Lowry AFB (in one of the old hangars). What a great museum!!! I spent a very pleasant morning there.

P1070289.jpg

P1070290.jpg

P1070291.jpg

P1070292.jpg

P1070293.jpg

P1070295.jpg

P1070297.jpg

P1070298.jpg

P1070300.jpg

P1070301.jpg

Edited by Darius at home
  • 4 weeks later...

Well I'll be damned! Hi Darius! That is the hanger where I did my initial F-16 bomb loader training! They made it a museum? That is so frigging cool. I recognize several of the airplanes in there- the A-7, F-111, and B-1 were all there back in 1994. I was in the second to last F-16 class to go through Lowry. Being from the flat east coast I never tired of walking out the front door of my barracks and seeing the Rocky Mountains. On the weekends I'd see the Rockies from the cockpit of an Pitts S-2B I used to rent out at Centennial Airport.

Would you believe my classmates and I used to shine that entire hangar floor every Friday? We'd put down some kind of sweeping compound then used push brooms and walk up and down up and down that floor until it shined.

Chappie

Thats a really nice line up of Aircraft, one that I'd go out of my way to visit, heck, I can actually ID a few of them. Thanks for sharing them with us Darius. You havn't got a bit of an F-100 thing going have you?;) (I think more of that than any other :D) The Bolo looks good in the OD/NG finish, it'd make a nice model like this.

Steve.