CD48018 - F-15SG update

Change of plans - I decided to modify my planned F-15SG sheet and add two options for F-15SGs currently training stateside with 428th FS at Mountain Home. Both the squadron commander's jet (05-0005) and a line jet (05-0007) will be included, in addition to two Singapore-based examples. The profiles below are just drafts, some details, crew names etc. are missing but they should give you an idea.

cd48018draft.jpg

I think the sheet will be more appealing with the 428th FS option. This also means that I had to drop my plans to have bonus markings in 1/72 and 1/32 on the sheet. But don't worry, I will release this in 1/72 as well.

This is scheduled to be a January release as I mentioned earlier; with some luck I should be able to release it on time.

Good loving this! I'm currently building 2 in 1/48 and 2 in 1/32.. Already completed a 1/48 2 years ago.. What will I do without aftermarket to save me time and painstaking effort. Will be getting a bunch of the 48s, and 32 if you release them..

Also, I believe Mark@ Gb_Madcat_Sl has shown you some good reference pictures. Take a note of the production serial code decal at the air intake. That needs some fine printing as well.

Good loving this! I'm currently building 2 in 1/48 and 2 in 1/32.. Already completed a 1/48 2 years ago.. What will I do without aftermarket to save me time and painstaking effort. Will be getting a bunch of the 48s, and 32 if you release them..

Also, I believe Mark@ Gb_Madcat_Sl has shown you some good reference pictures. Take a note of the production serial code decal at the air intake. That needs some fine printing as well.

Thanks, the serial blocks are on the sheet. The drafts above do not show the majority of the stencilling. I will post updated profiles when the sheet goes to the printers sometime later.

Edited by KursadA
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Change of plans - I decided to modify my planned F-15SG sheet and add two options for F-15SGs currently training stateside with 428th FS at Mountain Home. Both the squadron commander's jet (05-0005) and a line jet (05-0007) will be included, in addition to two Singapore-based examples. The profiles below are just drafts, some details, crew names etc. are missing but they should give you an idea.

cd48018draft.jpg

I think the sheet will be more appealing with the 428th FS option. This also means that I had to drop my plans to have bonus markings in 1/72 and 1/32 on the sheet. But don't worry, I will release this in 1/72 as well.

This is scheduled to be a January release as I mentioned earlier; with some luck I should be able to release it on time.

...So, there will no longer be a 1/32 option in the offering? Bummer. I get the marketing, but that takes me out of the 'interested & hopeful' pool...

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this thread after being dormant for over a year now. Not sure if I'm too late but the stencil markings for the F-15SG differs from the stateside Mudhens. The SG stencils are more similar to the Korean version, to be specific especially the 'No Step' stenciling.

Just saw this thread after being dormant for over a year now. Not sure if I'm too late but the stencil markings for the F-15SG differs from the stateside Mudhens. The SG stencils are more similar to the Korean version, to be specific especially the 'No Step' stenciling.

Without a photo or a more detailed description it is hard to know what differences you're talking about, but I designed a new set of stencilling in the correct typefaces and styles for the F-15SG. If you believe there are other differences, some photos or more details would be helpful.

• 3 months later...

Mark brought this photo to my attention today: at first I thought it was an April Fool's Day joke; but the gold crew name lettering seems to match another mysterious photo that was in the PACAF Cope Tiger 2013 press package. I think it is either the commander's airplane, or a special scheme of some sort.

8610548194_7be04db7a1_c.jpg

(Large version here)

Needless to say, I am going to delay the F-15SG sheet for a bit while the details of the scheme emerges. Cope Tiger 2013 just concluded a week ago, and security was a lot tighter this year due to the threats from North Korea. I am pretty sure we will see more photos of this scheme soon.

Edited by KursadA

Is there a conversion to make this kit in 1/48?

No, but it is not a very difficult project to convert one using the Academy F-15K kit as a basis. Just like the A-10C sheet I recently did, I don't consider the lack of a conversion set to be a reason for not releasing the decals: based on my experience so far I should still be able to hit my sales targets. If anything, the release of decals should make it a no-brainer for a smart resin maker to release a simple conversion set. I will gladly promote the product on the instruction sheets and the Web site if anyone decides to do it and contacts me.

Wolfpack has mentioned a possible conversion kit some time back, but I guess he is swamped with the task of bringing his first injection-molded kit to the market. When I release the decals, I will try and see if I can post some references to help with the conversion.

Edited by KursadA
  • 3 months later...

I noticed today the Singapore F-15SG is no longer listed as coming soon. Have you dropped plans for releasing these in 1/48?

I did not drop the plans, but it was dependent on a third-party conversion set that has been delayed for two years now. I didn't want to have a perpetual "coming soon" listed on my Web site, so I reassigned its product number to something else. I still plan to finish and release this sheet at some point; possibly with the addition of a Saudi F-15SA.

Thanks for the update.

I had the Wolfpack 48084 conversion and was hoping to slap on your set rather that the old Scale Nutz decals I had from my days based in Singapore.

I'll focus on your F-4 TX ANG and wait for your T-33 TX ANG sets and keep an eye out for movement on the Singapore set.

Again, thanks for the update.

Dan