Poland aviation art

Hi Piotr, those are some neat paintings. I find it hard to choose a favourite but I really like the Land Rover, the early Cessna (?) & the P-40, but in fact they are all intersting, diverse & attractive subjects.

Steve.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As always a big :thumbsup: You've really captured the look of it beautifully, thats as good a Spitfire painting as I've seen. Which squadron is this representing?

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz

As always a big :thumbsup:/> You've really captured the look of it beautifully, thats as good a Spitfire painting as I've seen. Which squadron is this representing?

Steve.

Of Poland 308 Cracow Sqadron. Belgium, December 1944. Code "ZF" like Polish "zefir" - zephyr.

Now, in Cracow city we have original Spitfire but LFXVI, more...

http://www.muzeumlotnictwa.pl/zbiory_sz.php?ido=18&w=a

Best regards

Piotr

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind thought Piotr, actually the money is needed not just for my travels but at the same time my wife will want to do a world tour of shoe shops. :lol: :lol:

Not too sure about those North Koreans, they're being a bit mad, bad & wicked just now. Lets hope the action stays on your painting. :)

Steve

Thanks for the kind thought Piotr, actually the money is needed not just for my travels but at the same time my wife will want to do a world tour of shoe shops. :lol:/> :lol:/>

Not too sure about those North Koreans, they're being a bit mad, bad & wicked just now. Lets hope the action stays on your painting. :)/>

Steve

In Europe beautiful shoes. Much money is needed :D . Korea is interesting since it is an example, that the embargo isn't functioning. As similarly as in case of F-14 IRIAF.

Piotr

• 2 months later...

I like that, nice atmoshere & telling a story, maybe, pilot "buzzing" girl friend. very naughty but only if you're caught & gosh, something to share after duty. :) though it has a sad side, what was to become of them both in the not so far away future. :( I think you have created something quite powerful with this painting. maybe the best you have shown us yet. :thumbsup:

Steve.

PS, I have very recently finished Antony Beevor's book "The Second World War", so I am very aware of this sort of thing just now.

I like that, nice atmoshere & telling a story, maybe, pilot "buzzing" girl friend. very naughty but only if you're caught & gosh, something to share after duty. :)/>/> though it has a sad side, what was to become of them both in the not so far away future. :(/>/> I think you have created something quite powerful with this painting. maybe the best you have shown us yet. :thumbsup:/>/>

Steve.

PS, I have very recently finished Antony Beevor's book "The Second World War", so I am very aware of this sort of thing just now.

Thank you,Steve. Very good interpretation.

Best regards

Piotr

Edited by polska-wroclaw
  • 2 weeks later...

I thank Holmes. :thumbsup:/>

Piotr,

Very nice picture of the spitfire. Super work on all of your paintings. :yahoo:/>/>

And the Narrative story of the girl on the beach with the aircraft is lovely. :thumbsup:/>/>

:thumbsup:/>

Edited by polska-wroclaw