I am definitely working on a series of ANG Phantom sheets for the next year. I think we talked about this in a previous thread. I am still collecting references, and will let everyone know when I have a date and put it on the release plan.

ANG Phantoms in 1/32 would be fantastic. I believe that if you did this sheet 1/32 it would sell a ton. I pretty much only build in 1/32 and have quite a few in the stash looking for decals.

Thanks

Mike

I am definitely working on a series of ANG Phantom sheets for the next year. I think we talked about this in a previous thread. I am still collecting references, and will let everyone know when I have a date and put it on the release plan.

Any clue on what states?

Hi Kursad,

May I suggest some ANG F-4s in the hi-viz ADF Grey scheme...

Greetings

Diego

Edited by Diego

I have Indiana, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota,Texas and more in the works. With the release of the Academy F-4B, the Navy guys are having all the fun. I want to play too, and hopefully Academy will release an F-4C/D without too much delay.

I have Indiana, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota,Texas and more in the works. With the release of the Academy F-4B, the Navy guys are having all the fun. I want to play too, and hopefully Academy will release an F-4C/D without too much delay.

"Coonass Militia" Phantoms! Love it! When the "Coonass" moniker became politically incorrect, the LA Air Guard did everything in it's power to wipe that period of their history from the map. Kinda makes me mad. I'm Cajun and my family has been in Louisiana since the 1700's. Dad rode around with an "RCA" sticker on his truck for years and no one ever thought anything of it.

Microscale did decals for the gray birds with the "Coonass Militia" in a script stencil format (blanks in the lettering), but their SEA camo birds had solid script text. Would love to see the SEA/gray under camo bird that is a MiG Killer (aircraft #704 I think)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/F4sForever/message/13554

I think the MN Phantom is a good idea and I will include it in my sheet if I can gather good references. Whether a subject has been done in the past or not is not a factor in my subject selection process as long as it's been more than 7-8 years. I believe the other company's sheet is certainly older than that.

I think 7 or 8 years is a good time, decals from back then are hard to find and their quality is not the same as can be printed these days.

The MN jets that have been done in the past are all ADC grey F-4D's, even Hasegawa had decals for one in the 72nd scale F-4D kit. I'd just love to see these Hill II Phantom's been done!! Sorry though I cannot help you with any references, they stopt flying far before I got to go to the States :(/> ...

Daniël

I think the MN Phantom is a good idea and I will include it in my sheet if I can gather good references. Whether a subject has been done in the past or not is not a factor in my subject selection process as long as it's been more than 7-8 years. I believe the other company's sheet is certainly older than that.

Those sound pretty cool, but would you consider Phantoms from Georgia, Vermont, Idaho, Nebraska or Nevada in 1/72 scale? I can provide some pictures from the web of these and of the Minnesota machines in Hill grey, just PM me your email.

• 2 weeks later...

Why doesn't anyone want to give Hawaii any love?

No Hawaii F-15 decals, no F-4 decals. :(,

I have walkarounds of this MiG killer from each of its different paint schemes while assigned to Wright-Patterson AFB in the '80s. I'd LOVE to see it in 1/32.

I also have walkarounds of this 30th Anniversary jet in its London airshow markings and little-known Dayton markings.

Jake

Edited by jmel