Beware ebay buyer gtaylor-2012

seems to pay only for items under $US10 and leaves the rest hanging (including me for my 1/32 Tamiya P-51D Package). . . ebay policies in favor of the buyer seem to protect him. Several sellers have been forced by ebay policies into "masking" negative feedback by checking "Positive" and adding real comments, and still one honest seller gets a "Negative" from this looser!! Forewarned is forearmed, thanks to forums like ARC!!

Did you ship the item before receiving full payment??

Curt

Curt, Of course not, so some might say that I didn't really "lose" anything. But after having waited a week for this jerk to NOT pay, the next highest bidder had changed his mind, and the third bid was not an amount I'd let the item go for. It irks me that dishonest people can abuse ebay's policies, while honest people can suffer negative feedback.

Regards, Rob

• 3 weeks later...

Curt, Of course not, so some might say that I didn't really "lose" anything. But after having waited a week for this jerk to NOT pay, the next highest bidder had changed his mind, and the third bid was not an amount I'd let the item go for. It irks me that dishonest people can abuse ebay's policies, while honest people can suffer negative feedback.

Regards, Rob

I am totally with you on this Rob and have been boycotting ebay's feedback loop for quite some time now. I will post feedback again when they remove the restriction on negative feedback for deadbeat buyers. When buyers ask me to leave feedback, I politely explain my position and tell them to take it up with ebay. The feedback goat rope has been mostly a joke for years, but now it's become a slap in the face to honest sellers. Sooner or later ebay will figure out that it's the SELLERS who are paying their bills and will get off their "Our buyers come first - even the ones that don't actually buy anything" trolley.

I had a buyer send me a nasty gram because I didn't leave any feedback when he purchased one of my decal sheets. As a general rule, for someone buying one of my products (I don't use auctions, only 'buy now') I don't leave feedback because the reality is I don't see any reason to. The guy paid money, I sent him the product. If he hadn't paid money, I would never have sent him the product. That's sort of how Walmart works and I don't see them leaving feedback about their customers.

An auction sale I get it. Someone wins an auction but never pays is a distinct possibility. But a 'buy now' sale is no different than online shopping at Spruebrothers. They don't send you anything until you've paid either. Buyer feedback for 'buy now' sales shouldn't even be an option.

• 1 month later...

I had a buyer send me a nasty gram because I didn't leave any feedback when he purchased one of my decal sheets. As a general rule, for someone buying one of my products (I don't use auctions, only 'buy now') I don't leave feedback because the reality is I don't see any reason to. The guy paid money, I sent him the product. If he hadn't paid money, I would never have sent him the product. That's sort of how Walmart works and I don't see them leaving feedback about their customers.

An auction sale I get it. Someone wins an auction but never pays is a distinct possibility. But a 'buy now' sale is no different than online shopping at Spruebrothers. They don't send you anything until you've paid either. Buyer feedback for 'buy now' sales shouldn't even be an option.

RiderFan,

I can see that the true meaning of the "Ebay Community" escapes you. One of the original concepts of Ebay was to bring buyers and sellers together and be of benefit to both by establishing the "feedback score". I personally don't buy from any seller without at least 100 positive feedbacks. As a seller, I feel that it is the right thing to do to post positives to a buyer who has paid within the alloted time and using the methods of payment that I have specified. Also as a buyer, I don't send a "nasty gram" about demanding feedback. I simply "play nice" and send the seller a message (after I received the item) stating that the item has arrived and that I am prepared to post positive feedback, once I have received the same from that seller. 99.85% of the time, if you "play nice" while in the "Ebay Community", you can usually get the good benefits.

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

RiderFan,

I can see that the true meaning of the "Ebay Community" escapes you. One of the original concepts of Ebay was to bring buyers and sellers together and be of benefit to both by establishing the "feedback score". I personally don't buy from any seller without at least 100 positive feedbacks. As a seller, I feel that it is the right thing to do to post positives to a buyer who has paid within the alloted time and using the methods of payment that I have specified. Also as a buyer, I don't send a "nasty gram" about demanding feedback. I simply "play nice" and send the seller a message (after I received the item) stating that the item has arrived and that I am prepared to post positive feedback, once I have received the same from that seller. 99.85% of the time, if you "play nice" while in the "Ebay Community", you can usually get the good benefits.

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

If it were an auction, I'd see your point. A 'Buy Now' purchase is no different than any other online purchase. They have no other choice than to pay within the alloted time and use the purchase method specified.

If it were an auction, I'd see your point. A 'Buy Now' purchase is no different than any other online purchase. They have no other choice than to pay within the alloted time and use the purchase method specified.

RiderFan,

I just can't draw a line like that between a "Buy It Now" auction and a regular auction. I appreciate the folks who buy from me no matter if they are buying one of my regular auctions or my "Buy It Now" auctions. I deeply appreciate all of my customers. I show them my appreciation by leaving them feedback of a positive nature. They are the ones that made the conscience decision to "shop" with me rather than shop with other online sellers such as Sprue Brothers or Walmart. I know that Ebay and PayPal fees are high but compared to the cost of hosting a website, they are cheap. That reason alone is enough for me to do everything that I can to keep my customers coming back to me for their purchases instead of going to the "other guys". Leaving feedback is the easiest (and cheapest) way I know of to tell my customers that I really do appreciate them and how much I appreciate their repeat business.

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

Edited by SonyKen