Tamiya P-47D Razorback Instructions

In the Tamiya P-47D RB kit there is a part E5 that indicates in the instructions is not for use and this part does no appear in the Bubbletop or P-47M kit but, this same part is in the Hasegawa 1/32 P-47D and M kits labelled B19, can anyone explain to me what this part is called, what is it for and why is it in the RB kit and not used but used in all Hasegawa kits? Mystery needs to be solved. Thanks.

In the Tamiya P-47D RB kit there is a part E5 that indicates in the instructions is not for use and this part does no appear in the Bubbletop or P-47M kit but, this same part is in the Hasegawa 1/32 P-47D and M kits labelled B19, can anyone explain to me what this part is called, what is it for and why is it in the RB kit and not used but used in all Hasegawa kits? Mystery needs to be solved. Thanks.

The top of E5 is the same as E8, which is the support for the armored glass under the windscreen. Looks to me as if E5 is the same, but with a shroud that covers the back side of the instrument panel. Maybe it was used on certain RB variants? That's beyond my expertise.

Pip

The top of E5 is the same as E8, which is the support for the armored glass under the windscreen. Looks to me as if E5 is the same, but with a shroud that covers the back side of the instrument panel. Maybe it was used on certain RB variants? That's beyond my expertise.

Pip

Assuming my post above is correct, I'd be interested to know what production blocks (if any) had a hood over the back of the instrument panel. Any experts have knowledge on this?

Pip

I second that, there must be a reason Tamiya only provided this part in the Razorback kit but Hasgawa provides it in there Bubbletop kits.

In the Squadron/Signal Walkaround book, there's a drawing of the razorback cockpit with the piece identified as an "antiglare shield." It seems pretty clear that this piece was only appropriate to razorbacks, so I think Hasegawa is in error providing it with their bubbletop kit(s). The question remains, if the shield wasn't found on all razorbacks (which seems logical since Tamiya provides the option to omit it), in what production runs was it mounted?

Pip

This is why I love Tamiya, no kit is perfect but they do good research. Hasegawa 1/32 P-47 kits have errors, this glare shield in P-47D and M kits and they messed up the engine gear cases and magneto's. Unreal! Can only hope Tamiya continues to release more kits, would be nice to see P-47N, F6F, Avenger, Dauntless, P-40, Typhoon, I am sure there are others on many wish lists.