Final "in progress" pics of my TBD build...

strip styrene folding strut armature added to access panel

001-105_zpsb8b665f7.jpg

I added a piece of this rod styrene for a piano hinge on this access panel (a SWAG guestimate)

008-91_zps4dc3a903.jpg

then painted and glues in place- the forward opening front panel is accurate based upon photos

009-88_zpse7f137b3.jpg

antenna wire added using a strand of my daughter's hair... insulators from super glue

002-131_zps8b8ae16f.jpg

and the lead wire

006-123_zps2cb5d2c7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic build Stikpusher!!! Especially the weathering, it gives it an extra "touch" of realism!

I also have the Monogram Devastator, but have been postponing it's build for quite some time now :angry:

Have you ever heard about an issue (perhaps it's just my imagination but, anyhow) with the Eduard detail set for this aircraft? Especially about the aircraft's seats?

I have this aftermarket set and when I compared the kit seats' parts with the Eduard's, the second ones looked much bigger and I was wondering which one are the correct size?

Keep up the good work!!!

Sernak

Thank you for the compliments Sernak. I have seen the Eduard PE set for this kit, but have never used it myself. I have not heard about any issues regarding seat size. I do think that the kit seat parts are too thick and sould use some thinning down at the least, but that would likely make them look even smaller. I would suggest looking at cockpit photos of the TBD and based on those deciding which looks closer to the real thing? Eduard or the kit parts? In any case, I look forward to seeing your TBD build here in the future.