Rolla Hobbies and CRM Hobbies in Missouri

I'm sure it has changed, but a long, long time ago (late 1981-early 1982), while I did Basic and AIT there, the base PX had an excellent selection of kits and supplies, it was a very popular area. Maybe it's still there (the hobby section, that is).

Felinoid

Nope, PX doesn't have any. I remember the they did though. My class doesn't start unt tomorrow so I've been exploring and went over to Rolla, MO about 20 miles away and found a shop called Rolla Hobbies. Closed but I'll go back another day. There was an assortment of modems in the display window so I I may have hit a gold mine. I'll report back later.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I'm finally home from Missouri and am now a certified HazMat Technician. Very challenging but exciting course. Anyway, I was able to visit two hobby shops while out there.

First was Rolla Hobbie in Rolla, MO. It wasn't bad but not a real huge selection of kits. I think he had more built kits displayed than boxed. As with a lot of shops these days, almost no airline kits. Most were older boings or classic kits of all of the mainstream brands. Worth a visit if you pass through Rolla. I only found one kit I wanted.

CRM Hobbies in St Louis, MO. Definitely lived up to the hype I've read here on ARC and other forums. A lot of older kits, especially Revell. A lot of Hasegawa, Fujumi, some Tamiya, and many brands I've never heard of. Thaw was just planes. A lot of car kits, ships, space, sci fi...you name it. I bought four kits, two I was looking for, one from a bargain bucket for two bucks, and one I should have researched before I bought it. I was wanting an Airfix 1/72 Nimrod but hadn't checked prices before I bought it at CRM. I could have saved $15 bucks. Lesson learned but at least it supported a small business. I could have spent a whole lot more though, easily. I'm sure I'll stop by again when I go back next May for my next school.

Both recommended, be sure to stop in if you're in the area.

Chris