The Officially Unofficial ARC Holiday Giveaway

Thank you for an amazing year!! I look forward to many, many more!! Such a great community that we have here!!!

Please, give waco a hand for not only donating nearly all the prizes but for actually reasearching all of the questions for the giveaways. This was no easy task and he made each challenge a bit harder for himself and for you!!

Cheers to EVERYONE who has participated in this raffle this year. It has been an amazing run. I am too drunk to post a last pic!! LOL

Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanza, Happy Hannukah to all of you. Please excuse me as it is time for the feats of strength for my holiday........Festivus!!

C ya!!

Mike

271.gif

FINAL QUESTION!!!

TONIGHT'S PRIZE: Trumpeter 1/32 MiG-23MF Flogger-B, TwoMikes Resin Cockpit, and ZactoModels Resin Accessories (thanks guys, you rock)

Okay, so it IS the ARC Holiday Giveaway...and we all know there are more holidays than just Christmas that fall during this time of year. So in addition to wishing all ARCers a very Merry Christmas, I'd like to extend a Happy Hannukah, a Joyous Kwanzaa, or whatever seasonal celebration you observe in your household. This is my favorite time of year, and whatever you celebrate, be sure to enjoy your family and friends.

But for comic value, and in the true spirit of ARC silliness, it is with great pride that I announce tonight's questions regarding Mr Reeves' favorite holiday:

festivus-for-the-rest-of-us-food-300x300.jpg

Cause what would ARC be without an observance of a comically stupid anti-holiday? :woot.gif:/>

Here are tonight's challenges:

1. In what year did the real Festivus first take place, and what writer coined the idea as a celebration of his first date with his future wife?

2. According to Frank Costanza, what was the incident which prompted him to create a new holiday over the despair of the commercialization of Christmas?

3. What event was the "Festivus Maximus," and who participated in it?

4. What is the primary symbol/decorative object of Festivus?

5. What are 3 of the traditional Festivus activities?

6. Name one Festivus "miracle."

7. What 1982 book did the original creator of Festivus write to deal with deals with idiosyncratic ritual and its social significance, a theme relevant to Festivus tradition?

8. What famous ice cream manufacturer once had a flavor called, "Festivus?"

9. What US State Capitol building has twice (2008 & 2009) been decorated with one of the primary displays of Festivus?

10. By tradition, on what date has Festivus been celebrated since the airing of the famous Seinfeld episode?

11. What was the name of the Seinfeld episode largely credited with spurring the popularity of Festivus?

12. With Festivus rapidly approaching, what modeling related grievance would you like aired?

This is it folks! The final night of the 2012 ARC Holiday Giveaway! It is midnight AKST, 0900GMT. Submit your answers to the above by noon AKST on Friday, 14 Dec/ 2100GMT. All correct answers received by that time will be eligible for random drawing to win the MiG-23 Super Pack.

Good luck! Thanks for participating in this year's festivities!

I've already got my Festivus decoration up and can't wait to share the Festivus activities with my friends and family, especially the second and last one. If it's not a Festivus miracle tonite for me, it'll be for one lucky ARC member. Happy Festivus to all!

Tell you what...since I am pitching in the Mig, cockpit and 100 bucks......... I will also chip in a surprise to the big prize winner to boot! Merry christmas, Happy Hannukah and Happy Kwanza to all of you!!

Thank you for an amazing year!! I look forward to many, many more!! Such a great community that we have here!!!

Please, give waco a hand for not only donating nearly all the prizes but for actually reasearching all of the questions for the giveaways. This was no easy task and he made each challenge a bit harder for himself and for you!!

Cheers to EVERYONE who has participated in this raffle this year. It has been an amazing run. I am too drunk to post a last pic!! LOL

Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanza, Happy Hannukah to all of you. Please excuse me as it is time for the feats of strength for my holiday........Festivus!!

C ya!!

Mike

Then you were doing better then I was lastnight lol. I was too drunk to even type a text message. Waco this has been a blast! Answers were just sent off.

Thanks Waco & Mike Reeves for providing this challenging but entertaining contest. If I could figure out how to photos shop a picture of Mike Reeves, it would be of him in a Superman outfit standing in a tall bold pose with out stretched arms with hands clutching his own "Superman Super Beer"!

My hat off to both Waco & Mike!

Thanks again,

Space Guy

I know I dont post often but this forum and others is just another enjoyable aspect of the hobby, again many thanks to Waco & Mike for making this entertaining and enjoyable, my hats off to all that made this happen "Sierra Hotel" to all.

Scott