The Officially Unofficial ARC Holiday Giveaway

CONTEST OVER!!!

So, how well do you know Festivus, ARC?

1. In what year did the real Festivus first take place, and what writer coined the idea as a celebration of his first date with his future wife?

Dan O'Keefe in 1966.

2. According to Frank Costanza, what was the incident which prompted him to create a new holiday over the despair of the commercialization of Christmas?

Frank Costanza: "Many Christmases ago, I went to buy a doll for my son. I reached for the last one they had, but so did another man. As I rained blows upon him, I realized there had to be another way."

Cosmo Kramer: "What happened to the doll?"

Frank Costanza: "It was destroyed. But out of that a new holiday was born: a Festivus for the rest of us!"

Cosmo Kramer: "That must've been some doll!"

3. What event was the "Festivus Maximus," and who participated in it?

Super Bowl XXXV with the Baltimore Ravens vs NY Giants. The Raven players and its fans used the term because team coach Brian Billick banned the word "Playoffs." Instead, they substituted "Festivus" and the SuperBowl was "Festivus Maximus."

Regrettably, the Giants lost, and I lost $50.

4. What is the primary symbol/decorative object of Festivus?

An unadorned aluminum "Festivus Pole"

5. What are 3 of the traditional Festivus activities?

Festivus Dinner (typically meat loaf or spaghetti with meat sauce), Airing of Grievances, Feats of Strength

6. Name one Festivus "miracle."

Any mundane, easily explainable event can be a Festivus miracle...there were several excellent descriptions from the Seinfeld episode submitted.

7. What 1982 book did the original creator of Festivus write to deal with deals with idiosyncratic ritual and its social significance, a theme relevant to Festivus tradition?

Stolen Lightning: The Social Theory of Magic

8. What famous ice cream manufacturer once had a flavor called, "Festivus?"

Ben and Jerry's

9. What US State Capitol building has twice (2008 & 2009) been decorated with one of the primary displays of Festivus?

Illinois

10. By tradition, on what date has Festivus been celebrated since the airing of the famous Seinfeld episode?

23 December

11. What was the name of the Seinfeld episode largely credited with spurring the popularity of Festivus?

The Strike

12. With Festivus rapidly approaching, what modeling related grievance would you like aired?

Ah, there were a lot of great, hilarious ones received. Personal favorite: "I gotta serious problem with the fact that there is no injection molded T-37 in 1/32 scale. C'mon, that Vomit-Encrusted, Flying Dog Whistle is one of the most important aircraft EVER, having trained literally generations of pilots. I need me a 1/32 Tweet. TWEET!!!!"As

So, who is the winner of our Festivus challenge? I got on the horn with Mikey, and had him start chugging beers and texting me after each one. At the point where the texts became so incoherent that I could no longer make any logical sense of them, I counted off a winner. So, the Grand Prize winner for this year's ARC Holiday Giveaway is: Rodney!!! Rodney, please PM your address to Mike Reeves and Zactoman to collect your prizes.

CONGRATS!!

As for the Photoshop contest...well, I've laughed so hard at some of these pics, I just can't choose. So, if you have a favorite pic amongst the PS images of Mr Reeves drinking, send in your vote to the contest e-mail address. Most votes by noon, AKST on Saturday, 15 December will win the $100 gift card from TwoMikes Resin.

Thanks again for playing folks! I hope everybody had some laughs and enjoyed the holiday trivia. It's not quite as real-time chaotic as the ARC Raffle Chatroom, but I've enjoyed playing host to this year's event. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and best wishes and blessings to all our ARC model building friends this coming year.

PEACE OUT!!

Waco

Thanks for the festivities!!! The questions were entertaining and though I'm loath to admit, educational. The Mig will be fun to build. I'll have to start working on it after my current two projects are done.

I'm surprised Mike didn't end up with a pancake on his head....

Thanks again,

Rodney

Waco

Thanks for the festivities!!! The questions were entertaining and though I'm loath to admit, educational. The Mig will be fun to build. I'll have to start working on it after my current two projects are done.

Thanks again,

Rodney

Rodney

Do me a favor and PM me your addy. The Mig and extra fun stuff will be in next Saturdays mail!! Merry Christmas and Happy Festivus to all of you. Thanks for the laughs and for the fun. Waco is a freaking genius!! He truly is!!

Later!!

Mike

Rodney

Do me a favor and PM me your addy. The Mig and extra fun stuff will be in next Saturdays mail!! Merry Christmas and Happy Festivus to all of you. Thanks for the laughs and for the fun. Waco is a freaking genius!! He truly is!!

Later!!

Mike

Mike

Will do.

Thanks to Waco, Mike, Mandy and Zacto.
I'd like to thank Waco's moose!
The Mig will be fun to build. I'll have to start working on it after my current two projects are done.

Thanks again,

Rodney

Congratulations Rodney!!! :cheers:

I hope you finish the other two projects soon as I'm really looking forward to seeing your MiG build!

Mike_pancake_zpsdc623d33.jpg

Thanks for the laughs and for the fun. Waco is a freaking genius!! He truly is!!
Agreed! :thumbsup2:

Too much fun!

Thanks Waco!

:cheers:

WACO,

THANK YOU for this very novel and most enjoyable ARC. Giveaway.BEST EVER thread.. :smiley-whacky034:

It's been fun watching you all on here from time to time ....I think you did s SPIFFING job . :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

And CONGRATULATIONS to all the prize winners.. :punk: :punk:

Well done. This is been great to watch and follow between work... :thumbsup2:

Keeping with my theme of submitting things late......

Thanks much to Waco and Mikey for the fun times this Silly Season!

download_zps75084e51.jpeg

Regards

B

WINNER in my eyes!! LOL

I DO NOT make the decision though so PLEASE do not take it as an official winner. That is Waco's decision!!

Mike

Keeping with my theme of submitting things late......

Thanks much to Waco and Mikey for the fun times this Silly Season!

download_zps75084e51.jpeg

Regards

B

As much as I'd like to have won this prize, that right thar is pretty darn funny. I don't care who you are! But he said photoshop contest. Not take a picture of Mike roaming around his house on Christmas morning. :woot.gif:/>/>

Sooooo....did anyone even vote on any of these things?

Bill

:edited cause apparently my spelling SUCKS today.

Edited by niart17

As much as I'd like to have won this prize, that right thar is pretty darn funny. I don't care who you are! But he said photoshop contest. Not take a picture of Mike roaming around his house on Christmas morning. w00t.gif/>/>

Bill

:edited cause apparently my spelling SUCKS today.

I agree! Mike I think you ought to incorporate that picture into your logo or at least your avatar!

I've been wondering that myself.

I've got a big wish-list of Two-Mikes goodies!

If the voting is limited to the original cut-off time I might still stand a chance. Otherwise it's going to be hard to beat the bunny...

:cheers:

I've been wondering that myself.

I've got a big wish-list of Two-Mikes goodies!

If the voting is limited to the original cut-off time I might still stand a chance. Otherwise it's going to be hard to beat the bunny...

:cheers:/>

Yup, you can never beat the bunny. :cheers:

Bill