The Officially Unofficial ARC Holiday Giveaway

YUM!! Drinkin out of the old Bitburger Pils glass too!! I don't do that for just anybody you know!!

drinkinforARC.jpg

ARCDrinkin.jpg

CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! CHUG!!! wavetowel.gif

Edited by The_Animal

TIME IS UP FOR QUESTION #3!!!

Quite a few entries, but there were only 6 correct submissions to Question #3! Congrats to Inquisitor, Corsairman, Deadmeat, Jordan03, Graves_09, and Chorse6 for passing ARC English Literature! Dickens' tale is heralded as helping to re-invigorate and firmly establish many of the modern Christmas traditions, particularly in England. The work served as social commentary, and became immensely more popular than the author ever anticipated, although he himself received very little profit from its success. The answers:

1 - What was painted on the sign above the door of Scrooge's business? Scrooge and Marley (Scrooge never bothered to have it repainted after his partner's death)

2 - What nickname does Scrooge use when referring to his little sister? Little Fan

3 - What is the name of Ebeneezer Scrooge's Master during his youth apprenticeship? Old Fezziwig

4 - What are the names of Bob Cratchit's four named children (since two are not named in the novel)? Tim, Martha, Peter, and Belinda

5 - When was the novel first published, and how quickly did it sell out? Dec 19 1843 was publication of the first edition, 6,000 copies, which sold out by Christmas Eve (five days)

So, given our 6 worthy competitors, I just asked a bed-headed near-teen to pick a number between 1 and 6. After getting several grunts, a few whines, and one yelled, "DADDDY!!!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" I gave up and asked the 7 year old. She gave me her age, which, being outside the specified range, required me to round down to the closest applicable number.

So, the winner is Chorse6!!! Congrats George, PM me with your address so I can package up your Eduard 1/48 Mirage IIIC.

Our next prize will be the Phil Brandt honorary award. It most definitely is from the "Bondo Industries - Difficult Kit Division" category, and I'm certain it's a subject he would've found immensely interesting and enjoyable. However, I'm not telling you what the prize is until after we have a winner! HA!!! SUDDEN RULE CHANGE!!!

...he's gone mad with power.

Question #4:

Today's Prize: A Prize from Bondo Industries - Difficult Kit Division

Let's go with...Pop Culture! Another multi-part question today:

1 - How fast could the Old Man change fuses?

2 - How many smelly hound dogs did the neighbors have?

3 - What did a guy in Terre Haute win?

4 - Who is Scut Farkas' toadie?

5 - What did the Old Man get from Christmas from Mom?

Too difficult? Nonsense! These questions are indescribably beautiful!!! :)

leglamp12.jpg

DO NOT POST ANSWERS IN THIS THREAD!

The current time is 1430AKST, 1530PST, 1630MST, 1730CST, 1830EST, and, where I sincerely hope they're throwing some shrimp on the barbie, 'tis 1000 in Adelaide. It's also 2330GMT for those who prefer a universal reference. You have 10 hours to answer this question. All correct answers received by 0030AKST/0930GMT will be entered into the drawing for the Bondo Industries - Difficult Kit Division prize.

Correct answers received after the time noted above will be entered for an opportunity to hand carry replacement kegs into Mikey Reeves house for the next 6 months. No dollies/hand trucks allowed!

Edited by Waco

I know em all!!! We even own TWO of the Bumpus Hounds!! HA!! This one is Ellie May

IMG_9689.jpg

Correct answers received after the time noted above will be entered for an opportunity to hand carry replacement kegs into Mikey Reeves house for the next 6 months. No dollies/hand trucks allowed! And they better be FULL kegs with GOOD beer. That is all!!

Edited by Two Mikes

way to go Chorse6 (George)!!! I have decided to have a beer in your honor while I work in the Two Mikes workshop! For those awaiting orders from this batch let me apologize for poor casting quality, voids, bubbles, warps, incomplete castings, incomplete sets, wet/sticky resin, missing parcels, wrong items sent and overall poor quality (well moreso than normal!!) HA!!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Chanukah and most of all,....HAPPY FESTIVUS!! Where is my Festivus Pole?

ARCChristmasagain.jpg

The next question will be related to this video. I recommend you study and clearly understand the principles described herein if you wish to be competitive in tomorrow's drawing: :coolio:/>

Either he explained Star Trek's Warp Drive in simplistic terms, or the scientific explaination for a beer fart......

way to go Chorse6 (George)!!! I have decided to have a beer in your honor while I work in the Two Mikes workshop! For those awaiting orders from this batch let me apologize for poor casting quality, voids, bubbles, warps, incomplete castings, incomplete sets, wet/sticky resin, missing parcels, wrong items sent and overall poor quality (well moreso than normal!!) HA!!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Chanukah and most of all,....HAPPY FESTIVUS!! Where is my Festivus Pole?

ARCChristmasagain.jpg

Ahh, Mike, are you casting resin or making moonshine there? (Either one is a perfectly good use of those pots, though.)

TIME IS UP FOR QUESTION #4!!!

Wow! I think we've hit on one of the more popular Christmas movies with this one. Again, a fairly large number of responses, and many were MOSTLY correct. 13 of you came up with all the right answers:

1 - How fast could the Old Man change fuses?

"The old man could replace fuses faster than a jackrabbit on a date. He bought them by the gross."

http://www.lukefisher.com/replace-fuses.wav

2 - How many smelly hound dogs did the neighbors have?

Aha! The Bumpus hounds. Our hillbilly neighbors, the Bumpuses, had at least 785 smelly hound dogs, and they ignored every other human being on earth but my old man.

3 - What did a guy in Terre Haute win?

"Or it could be a bowling alley. You know, a guy on Terre Haute won a bowling alley."

4 - Who is Scut Farkas' toadie?

Grover Dill!

5 - What did the Old Man get from Christmas from Mom?

A bowling ball, dropped directly in his crotch...coincidentally, it was blue!

So with 13 correct answers, and everybody else in Listening Post Waco asleep out here on the frozen frontier, I turned to Random.org to generate a truly random number. So, tonight's winner is Dekon70! Please PM me your address for shipping. Oh! And since it's weird, ugly, Russian, and a product of what "Bondo" Brandt frequently referred to as, "The Evil Empire," you are now the proud owner of an A-Model 1/72 Tu-128UT Pelican. Definitely a candidate for the Bondo Industries - Difficult Kit Division, but should also build up into a very interesting, unique model!

IMG_5401.jpg

Congrats!