1/48 Hasegawa A-4F

I just finished the very nice 1/48 Hasegawa scooter kit, and it was a real pleasure. This thing is crammed with detail and lots of small parts, so keep the carpet monster far away if you build one.

I used the Cutting Edge resin seamless intakes and cockpit sets, and they fit without any fuss at all. The decals are from an old Superscale sheet that I've had laying around for over 20 years, but they laid down skin-tight like they were brand new. The bombs and Shrike missiles came from Hasegawa weapons sets. Really- selling an A-4 kit without any ordnance included is like selling a pizza without any toppings. That's my only real gripe with the kit, but that's just the Hasegawa way.

Paints used were Testor's Model Master and Metalizer and Floquil. I weathered with a thinned oil wash to grime her up a bit.

A-4_1.jpg

A-4_2.jpg

A-4_3.jpg

A-4_4.jpg

A-4_5.jpg

A-4_6.jpg

A-4_7.jpg

A-4_8.jpg

Planning on doing TER on the centerline station with dumb bombs a pair of drop tanks.

The kit only comes with Bull pups for the outer stations, although Im sure I can find something cool for those racks...like 7 shot rocket pods?