Decoding Revell 1/32 scale Lynx kit.

Hi all.

So I have the mentioned kit. Looks great in the box but I do not care for German markings, not at all.

So using Airfix kit as a guide I investigated all the parts in Revell kit looking for the way to convert it to British version.

What do you know, looks to me like all the parts needed are already in the kit. Alternative nose, FLIR, instrument panel.

But there is also one thing that makes me scratch my head. There is an alternative section of tail boom in the kit. It does look a little different than one molded together with the boom. Sure enough the instruction doesn’t mention this part, nor any alternative parts. I guess it will all be cleared out in the incoming boxing of the same kit, marked Great Britain version, somewhere next year.

But I do not want to wait that long. So here is my question.

Can anyone smarter and more informed than me give me some pointers what to do with tail boom situation ? I think I can handle the nose and FLIR, even interior but the back end of it has me puzzled.

Can I build British machine using kit solid tail boom or do I have to cut if off and replace with the alternative one ?

Also what would be the correct destination for it ? HAS Mk8 ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Cezar.

Hi

It seems there will be soon a british version with a black cats Mk.3 version for the UK market

I beg the pieces are for this one.

Originaly, a Mk.2 was foreseen I think, then there was some discusion about a Mk.8 on the net.

Norbert

The RN version has a folding tailboom. You do get the rear (folding) part of the boom, but not the fixed forward part of the boom. The German version had a fixed boom and tail, which are all one piece in the kit.

There are threads on Britmodeler and LSP about what else is needed to make a HMA.8.

• 1 month later...

Check out the review on the Dutch IPMS site at:

http://www.ipms.nl/artikelen/recensies/vliegtuigen-militair/832-revell-lynx-32-engels.html

Currently I am converting this kit to a Dutch Lynx SH-14D, look at my webpages here:

http://designer.home.xs4all.nl/models/lynx-32/lynx-1.htm

This conversion uses the "folded" tailboom option but also a new nose.

• 1 month later...

How about converting one of them to a British Army Lynx? Besides the skids, what else would be needed to do this?

The gear is a significant mod on its own. Besides that, the nose (at least in the Mk 88 kit, not sure about the HAS.3) is different, the armament is different, different lumps, bumps, and antennas, and different IPs. Also, late Army versions have large exhaust suppressors that aren't in the naval kits.

The gear is a significant mod on its own. Besides that, the nose (at least in the Mk 88 kit, not sure about the HAS.3) is different, the armament is different, different lumps, bumps, and antennas, and different IPs. Also, late Army versions have large exhaust suppressors that aren't in the naval kits.

Go over to Britmodeller and look at the Pinned Lynx threads/posts and then into the Modern Aircraft seaction Under Construction Lynx7 is doing an AH version build thread, any qestions I'm sure he'll gladly answer.