Special Ops Group Build

Special Ops Group Build  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who is interested in resurrecting the Special Ops Group Build

• Yes Count me in
    • Nope Don't have the time

So there was a Special Ops GB idea over on Props back in 2009 but it never came to fruition. Is there any interest in resurrecting this GB? I don't want to narrow things down so it will be open to pretty much anything that flew special operations missions while in harms way, from balloons during the Civil War to todays War on Terror. Props, Helos, Jets, etc. from any nation. I know it's pretty wide but I think narrowing it down too much limits what can be built and looking at some of the other GB's, the participation is limited at best. I know I'm in with a 1/48 AH-6 Little Bird and who knows what after that. I'm guessing this will be a 6-month GB. So anyone else interested? Don W.

Edited by Drifterdon

I don't know what to do as a Moderator but I'm willing to learn. I read over the info posted in the Group Build Section and I think I'm good with what needs to be done. Of course, I would be willing to accept help from a knowledgeable former GB Moderator.

Don

Sounds interesting , I got 1/48 scale HH-53C that has been begging to be upgraded to a MH-53J/M so fill me in on the details and the start and finish times :woot.gif:/>/>

Let's see how much interest this gets and what the GB Team gives as a possible start date if it gets approved. :salute:/>

Don

I'd be game. I've got a 1/144th Amodel M-28 Skytruck that I want to build as an AFSOC bird. I also have a 1/144 Dornier Do328 to build in AFSOC colors.

These are what this is about. Sounds really cool John.

Look forward to seeing what the Lords of the Group Build give us for a date. So far it looks like there is enough interest.

BTW- The C-54 and 757 came in the mail. Thanks a million.

Don

So I think there is enough interest here. I submitted our GB request to the GB Team for their consideration. With the proposed GB's aleady on the books, looks like this one would be July - Dec of next 2013. We'll see what they give us.

Don

You guess well. Found the request, added it to the vote pile. I gave you a yes, now we wait for the other guys.

Awesome! Gives us all time to clear out the projects that are in the queue or in my case, clear the workbench off so I can start building again. Look forward to hearing what the rest of the GB Team says.

Don :salute: