Special Ops Group Build

Special Ops Group Build  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who is interested in resurrecting the Special Ops Group Build

• Yes Count me in
    • Nope Don't have the time

Matt, what context was this He-111 used? Any specific pix or documentation of it's use as a special operations bird?

don

That' the problem - I haven't been able to locate any pics, just drawings.

Matt B)

Since we are so close to this GB becoming a reality, I figured it was time to draft up some rules. So, without further ado, here are the Rules of the Road.

This GB is open to pretty much anything that flew specialoperations missions while in harm’s way. Special Operations are defined as military unconventional warfare and isusually performed independently or in conjunction with conventional military operations. Builds are open to any special operatoraircraft from any time period. This runsthe gamut from balloons in the Civil War to today’s aircraft used in the War onTerror. It could be props, helos, orjets from any nation.

Your moderators are myself and Remington Box

The Basic rules are:

- Your kit can be approximately 25% complete at the start ofthe build. A good rule of thumb iscockpit work and basic assembly (wings, tail, weapons, etc.) can becompleted.

- Post what you'll bebuilding in the Who’s In/What I’m building thread.

- Start a Work InProgress thread (required) that tracks the progress of your build.

- Build as you see fit, out of the box, loadedwith resin or aftermarket, scratch-built or kitbashed.

- What-Ifs will not be permitted. I’d like to keep this limited to actual aircraft and part of your “What you will be building†should include a pic or link to the pic of your actual subject that you plan on doing.

- No limit to how many kits you want toenter.

- Cut-off forsubmission of completed builds is midnight on the last day of the build(GMT).

- Post your completedbuilds in the Hanger when your build is done (four or five pics should do it).

If this GB does become a reality and you’d like to become a sponsor or would just like to donate something to raffle, please send me a PM.

So there you have it, the rules of the road. Hopefully it’s not too overwhelming and we can havefun with this. I can't wait.

Don :salute:

I'm just putting the finishing touches to a Italeri 1/72 AC-119K Stinger Gunship .

I was looking to do a 1/72 AC-47 Spooky next .

Would this be suitable for you Group Build starting in July .

Helo 53

OK. So our potential start date of July is out the window. It now looks like if this GB ever does get approved and on the calendar, the earliest we'll be looking at is a September start date.

Hopefully this won't change anyones mind. If it does, please update your vote accordingly.

Sorry...

Don

Edited by Drifterdon

Its on the group build schedule..Has been for a few days.

ARC Group Build Schedule

Current Group Builds

• The Living History GB: Aug 1 2012 to Apr 1 2013. Hosts will be -Neu- and Bigasshammm
  • Simple Times GB Aug 1 2012- Apr 1 2013. Hosts will be jester292 and rightwinger26
  • ANG/Reserves GB: Jan 1 2013 to July 1 2013. Hosts will be Spectre711 and ThePhantomTwo
  • "Yes, size DOES matter" GB: Jan 1 2013 to Sept 1 2013. Hosts will be PNW_Modeler
  • If it ain't Boeing, I ain't going! GB: Jan 1 2013 to Jul 1 2013. Host will be Litvyak
  • What if group build 2.0: March 1st 2013 to September 1st 2013. Host will be Hornet97 & ChernayaAkula
  • Phantom Addicts Anonymous : March 1st 2013 to September 1st 2013. Host bashace & Ro-Gar Hobbies
  • Bent Wing Group Build : March 1st 2013 to September 1st 2013. Host CorsairMan

Upcoming Group Builds

• A-10 Thunderbolt II Group Build: July 1st 2013 to January1st 2014 Host Sebastijan, Benner
  • Out of Africa Group Build: July 1st 2013 to January1st 2014 Host Vince14, ChernayaAkula
  • Grumman Iron works: July 1st 2013 to January1st 2014 Host David Lombard, Xavi84
  • Special Ops GB: September 1st 2013 to March 1st 2014 Host Drifterdon and Remington Box

This list is 'read-only', but will be updated as new group builds are added, and completed builds cycle out. Contact Neo or phantom or Pete if you would like to propose, organize, or host an official ARC Group Build.

Thanks,

The ARC Staff

This post has been edited by Neo: Yesterday, 10:56 PM

Hot Damn! We're on the calendar guys. Time to start getting those helos, and Werners Wings decals all lined up. Looks like I'll be joining in on the Bent Wing GB and the Grumman and maybe even the Phantom builds. Don :salute:

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
The Special Ops Group build is for any aircraft that was used in special operations that flew in harms way. This includes balloons used in the Civil War to aircraft used in todays War on Terror or any spec ops in a civil capacity. This includes any nationality and ranges from helos to jets to props.

I'm not one of the mods but would think this says it all. I would try the mods again.

Edited by Spectre711

Gotta drum up some action. From the amount of people that said yes I thought there would be more builds going.

The site has been very quirky lately, first the crash and now an issue keeping some IP addresses out. I can not access the site from home only from work or on my phone (3G).

I am probably not the only one who planned on participating that is having technical issues.