1/72 E-2C

1/144 P-3, VP-23

1/144 747-200, once I find a good deal on a kit

1/144 737-300, Texas flag scheme

Finish a 1/144 TF-104G

Finish a 1/48 P-61 diorama

Finish a 1/144 DC-8, Delta Airlines

Finish a 1/144 A380, Pan Am 'whif'

That should get me through the year, unless someone else comes up with another apocalypse for us all to prepare for.

Edited by kg4kpg

Finish my 1/73 P-3

1/72 P2V

1/72 S2F-1

1/72 E-2C

1/144 P-3, VP-23

1/144 747-200, once I find a good deal on a kit

1/144 737-300, Texas flag scheme

Finish a 1/144 TF-104G

Finish a 1/48 P-61 diorama

Finish a 1/144 DC-8, Delta Airlines

Finish a 1/144 A380, Pan Am 'whif'

That should get me through the year, unless someone else comes up with another apocalypse for us all to prepare for.

My suggestion would be the Revell E4B as long as you don't mind GE CF6 engines as opposed to the Pratts'.

You already know I'll build something. But I can't really say what I'm gonna build until I start building it. Right now I can only specify what models I'll finish in 2013...not which ones I'll start.

I'll definitely finish:

1. 1/48 Monogram F-20 WHIF
  2. 1/48 Hasegawa F-2A
    [*]1/200 Hasegawa L-1011

Edit: I will start and finish that 1/72 Hasegawa F-16B for the AZ ANG group build, of course.

After that, though, who knows? But I'll definitely start 2 or 3 more. Maybe I'll build some of those WWII planes that I've got.

Yeah - and what airline is that L-1011 going to be or are you too chicken to tell?

This is my New Year Resolution for 2013

Not buying anything for one year, kits or aftermarket.

I hope I can make it.

Wish me luck!

Yep, same with me. I pretty much closed out my "wish list" of kits thanks to Black Friday shopping at Squadron.com. Now this year I just want to finalize all the aftermarket stuff for each kit in my personal stash that I want to build up. After that, no more shoppin' until I get everything in the closet built up. I got 35 kits of my own, and 13 commission projects, so I'll be held over for a spell.

I hope I can make it.

Wish me luck!

That's actually a good plan for me, too...especially since I'm getting married this summer! Looking at my inventory list, I have more than enough kits ready for building...In fact, I might even have to thin the stash a bit!!

Yeah - and what airline is that L-1011 going to be or are you too chicken to tell?

This is coming from the same guy who didn't bother to tell us what liveries he's putting on his MD-80 or 777-300ER? HA! Sure, I'll tell...Its going to wear Delta Airlines colors...or is it?

I hope I can make it.

Wish me luck!

Good luck. This is sort of where I'm at as well. Except my resolution is to only get one kit...the GWH MiG-29. That looks too good to pass up. I'll buy it for my wife for her B-day and when she opens it and says "Huh?" I'll say "Fine, if you don't want it I'll take it."

That's actually a good plan for me, too...especially since I'm getting married this summer! Looking at my inventory list, I have more than enough kits ready for building...In fact, I might even have to thin the stash a bit!!

That means you've got about 6 months to get what you want. Then its game over. Maybe not. To be honest, my wife is pretty cool with my modeling habit.

Just one for me:

1/48 Hasegawa A-4F Super Fox.

This is one I started a few weeks ago and still not finished even assembling the cockpit. My build pace is so slow I know for certain this is the only one I will/may finish next year. I may start another one later next year after this one.

Rob

I'll part take in this, it makes for interesting reading!

My current plans are:

Trumpeter 1:32 F-14D Tomcat

Tamiya1:48 Mosquito

Hasegawa 1:72 F/A-18F Super Hornet Prototype

Revell 1:48 Rafale B

The Tomcat will be a big build and will take up most of my time so my plans may change!

Hopefully these (once I get a Testors 1/72 C-119 off my bench!):

1. 1/72 Meng F-102A

2. 1/72 Sword T-28B

3. 1/72 Airfix A-4B

As slow as I build these days, I hope I can get these done for sure as the stash isn't getting any smaller!

-Derek

My goal for 13 is to finish what I have on the bench before I go away for awhile, and still be able to spend time with the family. I have:

1/48th F-84G

1/48th P-51B

1/48th Mosquito

1/350 DKM Z-30 Zerstorer

1/350 DKM Graf Spee

1/144 Saturn IB

They won't all get finished cause family is more important.

Bill

My goal for 13 is to finish what I have on the bench before I go away for awhile, and still be able to spend time with the family. I have:

1/48th F-84G

1/48th P-51B

1/48th Mosquito

1/350 DKM Z-30 Zerstorer

1/350 DKM Graf Spee

1/144 Saturn IB

They won't all get finished cause family is more important.

Bill

That 1/144 Saturn IB alone will take you all year :woot.gif:

Hopefully these (once I get a Testors 1/72 C-119 off my bench!):

1. 1/72 Meng F-102A

2. 1/72 Sword T-28B

3. 1/72 Airfix A-4B

As slow as I build these days, I hope I can get these done for sure as the stash isn't getting any smaller!

-Derek

I understand that the 1/72 Meng F-102 is supposed to be a nice kit. Also, Draw Decal has introduced several different sets of decals from the different Guard units that operated the aircraft-type at one time or another.

This is coming from the same guy who didn't bother to tell us what liveries he's putting on his MD-80 or 777-300ER? HA! Sure, I'll tell...Its going to wear Delta Airlines colors...or is it?

Good luck. This is sort of where I'm at as well. Except my resolution is to only get one kit...the GWH MiG-29. That looks too good to pass up. I'll buy it for my wife for her B-day and when she opens it and says "Huh?" I'll say "Fine, if you don't want it I'll take it."

That means you've got about 6 months to get what you want. Then its game over. Maybe not. To be honest, my wife is pretty cool with my modeling habit.

Hey - all you have to do is ask :P

Rob,

You have 365 days to finish this 1 jet.....I was lucking to finish 1 this year too....

1/72 SH-60's

1/72 HH-60H

1/48 OA-4M's

1/48 TA-4J's

If I am able to finish any of the ones that where started too

Stanton

Just one for me:

1/48 Hasegawa A-4F Super Fox.

This is one I started a few weeks ago and still not finished even assembling the cockpit. My build pace is so slow I know for certain this is the only one I will/may finish next year. I may start another one later next year after this one.

Rob

Hopefully start and finish the Revell 1/32 RF4E Phantom for the Phantom Group build on time. Anything more will be considered as a bonus.

Happy and Healthy New Year everybody!

Rick.

It would be nice to pare down my stash a little this year.

A 1/48 hasegawa AV8b+ that I've had for many years is being rebuilt right now and should hopefully be done in a couple weeks.

I have some tentative plans to do the same to an old Revell F-106 too but I haven't decided for sure yet.

After the harrier, a 1/48 hasegawa Sabre Mk5 of the RCAF GoldenHawks jet is on the drawing board. I'd like to have that done for Valourcon in the spring.

In the fall I'll start a major project, a 1/48 hasegawa f-4j phantom that will be a complex build and take me into 2014.

I only ever get a few models done every year and 2012 was one of my best years, both in terms of my production and life in general. The three f-16's that rolled off my desk and into my display case represent that very well. Goodbye 2012, the year of the viper, hello 2013, the year of the phantom.

Happy new year and all the best in 2013.