December 6, 1944 Tank Battle

Sixty Eight years ago yesterday there was a tank battle between units of the US 4th Armored Division and the German 11th Panzer Division in the town/area of Singling France. You can read about it here, http://www.history.army.mil/books/wwii/smallunit/smallunit-singling.htm

When I was stationed in Germany in the 70's and 80's when I had free time I would go to areas in France and Germany where battles took place during WWII. I took many photograghs, and just so happened to go to the town of Singling.

The photos below are of Singling and the area around it. German pillboxes were everywhere, at intersections, fields and even in and/or were the basements of houses. There was also a few Maginot Line fortifications in the area. The photos might be helpful to the modeler of dioramas on how the actual pillboxes looked, built and positioned.

IMGcopy.jpg

IMG_0001copy.jpg

IMG_0002copy.jpg

IMG_0003copy.jpg

IMG_0004copy.jpg

IMG_0005copy.jpg

IMG_0006copy.jpg

IMG_0007copy.jpg

All photos are the property of the poster Alpha13, from my personal collection, none are scans from books or from the Internet or else where. They are shown for the purpose for hobbyists and fans of tactical vehicles and/or WWII battlefields. Using them for financial gain by others is prohibited. Thanks

Edited by Alpha13