Silver Wings Planned Releases for 2013/2014

We would like to thank everyone who took part in our recent poll regarding possible future releases for Silver Wings. We were pleased to have a great number of votes which helped us to choose subjects that you, our customers and friends, would like to see. As we have mentioned previously, we are working towards the ability to release kits in injected plastic in addition to our existing resin kit line. Of course, this is not easy, and although we continue to make progress, we still cannot say for certain which of these kits will be released in resin, and which will be released in injected plastic. That being said, it is indeed our goal to release some of the more "mainstream" kits in injected plastic.

Accordingly, Silver Wings is pleased to announce our next 12 planned releases for 2013/2014:

1) 1:32 Polikarpov I-153 Chaika (January/February 2013)

2) 1:32 Bristol Bulldog (February/March 2013)

3) 1:32 Hawker Demon

4) 1:32 Vought OS2U Kingfisher

5) 1:32 Fiat G.50

6) 1:32 Boeing Stearman

7) 1:32 PZL P.11

8) 1:32 Fokker DXXI

9) 1:32 Yak 9

10) 1:32 Lavotchkin La5

11) 1:32 Fiat CR.20

12) 1:32 Heinkel He-112

Some of you may note that one subject we had previously hinted at producing, a 1:32 Curtiss P6-E is missing from this list. We had indeed planned to release this kit, but it would have been in resin. An injected plastic kit manufacturer was kind enough to contact us about this subject, and expressed their desire to release an injected plastic kit of this subject. Being modelers ourselves, we know that most of our customers would prefer to have a lower-cost injected plastic kit of the P6-E rather than a more expensive resin kit of the same subject. Accordingly, we have dropped this subject from our planned release listing, and along with many of you, hope to see an excellent injected plastic 1:32 Curtiss P6-E in the future. Note that if for some reason the injected plastic kit manufacturer decides not to pursue releasing this kit, we will certainly add it back to our planned list.

We hope that you, our customers and friends, are excited as we at Silver Wings are about these future releases. Due to the excellent response we received from our future release poll, we plan to do more of these in the future and will ask you to vote on planned kit marking options, etc. Be sure to visit our website www.silverwings.pl for the latest information about these new releases, and to see our existing products.

Sincerely,

The Silver Wings Team

Edited by Silver Wings

We would like to thank everyone who took part in our recent poll regarding possible future releases for Silver Wings. We were pleased to have a great number of votes which helped us to choose subjects that you, our customers and friends, would like to see. As we have mentioned previously, we are working towards the ability to release kits in injected plastic in addition to our existing resin kit line. Of course, this is not easy, and although we continue to make progress, we still cannot say for certain which of these kits will be released in resin, and which will be released in injected plastic. That being said, it is indeed our goal to release some of the more "mainstream" kits in injected plastic.

Accordingly, Silver Wings is pleased to announce our next 12 planned releases for 2013/2014:

1) 1:32 Polikarpov I-153 Chaika (January/February 2013)

2) 1:32 Bristol Bulldog (February/March 2013)

3) 1:32 Hawker Demon

4) 1:32 Vought OS2U Kingfisher

5) 1:32 Fiat G.50

6) 1:32 Boeing Stearman

7) 1:32 PZL P.11

8) 1:32 Fokker DXXI

9) 1:32 Yak 9

10) 1:32 Lavotchkin La5

11) 1:32 Fiat CR.20

12) 1:32 Heinkel He-112

Some of you may note that one subject we had previously hinted at producing, a 1:32 Curtiss P6-E is missing from this list. We had indeed planned to release this kit, but it would have been in resin. An injected plastic kit manufacturer was kind enough to contact us about this subject, and expressed their desire to release an injected plastic kit of this subject. Being modelers ourselves, we know that most of our customers would prefer to have a lower-cost injected plastic kit of the P6-E rather than a more expensive resin kit of the same subject. Accordingly, we have dropped this subject from our planned release listing, and along with many of you, hope to see an excellent injected plastic 1:32 Curtiss P6-E in the future. Note that if for some reason the injected plastic kit manufacturer decides not to pursue releasing this kit, we will certainly add it back to our planned list.

We hope that you, our customers and friends, are excited as we at Silver Wings are about these future releases. Due to the excellent response we received from our future release poll, we plan to do more of these in the future and will ask you to vote on planned kit marking options, etc. Be sure to visit our website www.silverwings.pl for the latest information about these new releases, and to see our existing products.

Sincerely,

The Silver Wings Team

While its always exciting to see new interwar aircraft being done in 1/32 scale, I have to tell you that your choice for the US aircraft seems very......Blaaaa (other than the canceled P-6E). I'm sure there are fans of both the Steareman and Kingfisher who will shout me down. I think there ate plenty of overlooked USAAS,USAAC,USN,USMC tween war aircraft that deserve a good 1/32 model. The USAAS first US designed fighter is a good example Thomas-Morse MB-3M which served in both the USAAS and the USMC.Curtiss P-1 series, Curtiss A-3 Falcon, Boeing PW-9, Boeing built DH-4M with the proper postwar seating, now thats an aircraft that flew with the US Army, Navy,Marines,US Forest Service and the US Post Office. Any of these plus many more US tweeners fit your 'Silver Wings' program surly more than the 2 WWII Russian fighters you listed. I'm sure you would like to open up your US market more and I hope you rethink your US picks a bit more because I for one don't see any thing US that makes me reach for my wallet.

Thank You

Flypaper

M

Edited by flypaper2222
  • 2 weeks later...

Very disappointed to see you have abandoned 1/48 and 1/72 scale.

Yes, I understand 1/32 is the "hot" scale right now, but there are many modelers who have not jumped and will not jump to 1/32. When you offered kits in all three scales you appealed to many modelers--now you only appeal to those who want 1/32.

Edited by BOC262
  • 2 weeks later...

Sure glad to see someone decided to do a new Stearman PT-13/Pt-17/ N2N-S kit, but in 1/32 heck. I know I for one will never build it I tried 1/32 many years ago with the Revell F4U and never went back. No room for the kits when completed, and they just don't seem to go together as nice as a 1/48.

Sure wish someone would look at the Navy N3N as a kit too there were so many variations and it was also the last biplane to serve in the United States Military.

• 2 months later...

Some of you may note that one subject we had previously hinted at producing, a 1:32 Curtiss P6-E is missing from this list. We had indeed planned to release this kit, but it would have been in resin. An injected plastic kit manufacturer was kind enough to contact us about this subject, and expressed their desire to release an injected plastic kit of this subject

I don't suppose you would be at liberty to disclose the company bringing out this kit?

• 3 weeks later...

Due to various conditions we have updated our list of future releases.

1) 1:32 Polikarpov I-153 Chaika - available now!

2) 1:32 Bristol Bulldog - 90% ready

3) 1:32 Hawker Demon - 60% ready

4) 1:32 Fairey Flycatcher floatplane version - 60% ready

5) 1:72 British prototype flying boat (?) - 90% ready

6) 1:32 Vought OS2U Kingfisher - in progress

7) 1:32 Yak 9

8) Re2000 Falco - in progress

9) 1:32 Boeing Stearman

10) 1:32 PZL P.11 - in progress

11) 1:32 La 5

12) 1:32 Fokker DXXI

Edited by Silver Wings

I would like to thank Glen from Panda Hobby for being a partner, not a competitor in the business - it's very rare attitude and we all appreciate that in Silver Wings. Glen's company is going to release another great bird soon, so we keep our fingers crossed for his success.

So in the end I can say we're going to release the P6E after the Bulldog which is almost finished.

In April we'll present CAD projects of the OS2U floatplane version and some Bulldog pictures/drawings as well.

Also the Demon is pretty advanced yet and some "in progress" photos will be shown.

Simon

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The Silver Wings team is dedicated to producing high-quality model kitsets of aircraft that our customers want to build. To that end, we are continuing to work through your "wish list" in 2014. As such, we are pleased to announce our 2014 release plan:

1/32 Boeing Stearman PT-13D/N2S-2

1/32 Fokker D.XXI

1/32 Curtiss P6E Hawk

1/32 Yak 9

1/32 Reggiane 2000 Falco

As a Polish company, we really would love to release a PZL P.11. We are continuing our efforts to create a suitable model of this iconic Polish fighter in 1/32 scale and we hope that we will be able to add this to our 2014 release schedule.

To further "whet your appetite", we are pleased to announce our future release list as well. These are the remaining items from the "wish list" our friends and customers have told us you would like to see. They are (in no particular order):

1:32 Lavochkin La-5

1:48 Northrop A17A

1:32 Heinkel He-112

1:32 Gloster Gauntlet

1:32 Aichi D3A Val

1:32 Nakajima B5N Kate

1:32 Curtiss Falcon

Additionally, please note that starting with the Stearman we have changed our decals producer in an effort to provide even better quality for our customers.

• 1 month later...

As many of you know, we at Silver Wings are a Polish company. As such, it is natural that we would like to produce a model of one of our most famous aircraft, the PZL-11. Considered the most advanced aircraft in the world when it debuted in 1934, the PZL 11 served with the Polish Air Force, as well as with Bulgaria and Romania with single examples operated by Hungary, Latvia and the Soviet Union. While producing a kit of this historic fighter has been a desire of ours for some time, we have always struggled with getting the complex surface detail correct for a model, and refused to produce a kit until we could solve this issue.

However, we are very pleased to announce that we have now solved this issue, and work is proceeding to bring you a new 1/32 PZL-11 model kit. We are very excited that we will be able to produce this model, and hope that you will be pleased with it as well. More details, such as marking options and photos of the kit parts to follow as we progress.

Please be sure to check out website, www.silverwings.pl, for updates on this exciting new kit!

Thank you,

The Silver Wings Team

DSCF0126.JPG

DSCF0130.JPG

DSCF0131.JPG

DSCF0146.JPG

DSCF0136.JPG

DSCF0134.JPG

DSCF0138.JPG

Looks nice!

Does the fuselage skin really have wood grain texture?

It's just starting point in my opinion - raw 3D printing will be smoothed, trailing edge will be thinned and some things like separate ailerons will be added - is it true Silver Wings? :-)