Three Academy Fulcrums

Hi all,

Here are my three 1/48 Academy Fulcrums I finished a couple of months ago. I present to you a Mig-29 9-12 'Fulcrum A', a Mig-29UB 'Fulcrum B', and a Mig-29 9-13 'Fulcrum C'.

I used all the aftermarket available at the moment and used three different paint brands, White Ensign on the A, Akan on the B and Humbrol on the C. Model Master was used in combination on all of them.

I removed and added panels lines as per drawings. All decals are from the great Begemot Mig-29 set. I wanted to have three shark mouth Fulcrums and that is the decal set to have.

I did pre and post shading and highlighted panels lines using oil artist paints with different ratios.

I hope you like them.

Juan

1.jpg

2.JPG

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Edited by solher1

All absolutely top-notch, Sir -what did you do to get a 9-13, is that an Academy item I missed somehow, or a conversion?

:clap2:/> :yahoo:/> :clap2:/>

I used Neomega Fulcrum C conversion. Very simple to use by the way.

Thank you.

Juan

Beautiful work! What camo colors did you use on your Mig-29UB? Thanks!

I used Akan paints on the Mig-29UB directly from the bottle. AKAN 73092 for the overall gray and AKAN 73093 for the camouflage. I found the green a little bit dark at the beginning but with the post shading, wash and clear coats they looked a lot better. I actually like the way it turned out.

Thank you.

Juan

Edited by solher1

Juan,

They look great!! My favorite subject, Russian fighters and all three look very mean and ready for a fight! Lots of work just to do one...you did three. Thanks for sharing this. Very inspiring....makes me want to take a break from all my current stuff and pick up a '29 to work on!

Steven

Hey I just snagged a UB...I'm curious what AM you used on yours...

Hi Nicholas,

I'm glad you received the photo etch set.

Now, regarding the Mig-29UB, I used FM cockpit except for the front cockpit, which I replaced with a Neomega cockpit set and seats. The FM set is very good, especially the canopy frame which adds details that other sets lack, nice set in general. I also used FM exhaust nozzles, Aires wheel bays, Eduard Rockets and pylons, Aerobonus R-60, Eduard FODs, Quickboost antennas and air scoops, Wolfpack Designs wheels, and Dream Model pitot tube.

I think that's it. I probably forgot something.

Thank you.

Juan